Aprilia RXV 450

Hello.I have raced mx for 8 years but now I will turn over to enduro racing.I looking for a KTM exc 450 or a Aprilia RXV 450.Could somebody who knows a little bit more then me give me little information about the RXV-problems,good,bad,service,expensive,diffrence between 07-08...? Thanks from Sweden.

I own a 06 KTM 525XC & a 07 Aprilia 550 RXV. I love my Ape but the KTM is a better off road bike hands down and parts are easier to get.

The RXV's reliability will be directly proportionate to who is wrenching on it and some luck of the draw during production. Hell of a bike when it's on though. I've had an RXV550, a few KTM's and while i've got nothing against the KTM's, the newer 08's are reminding me more and more of mass production rather then "race ready". Finally got to put some real time on a Husky TXC this past weekend and the KTM's are now on the chopping block, I'd add Husqvarna to your list as their engines are more robust, easier to maintain and have more hp over any other thumpers from what I'm seeing. Plus the TXC line of Husky's are MX based with enduro gearing, I think you'll feel very at home with your MX background as a result.

Okay,thanks.Now I now little more about the diffrents.It feels like im going to buy the KTM because they always deliver the spareparts quickly.The only thing I dont like with KTM is the radiaters.So small and easy to get overheated when there`s really muddy.At the Aprilia you get a radiaterfan in standard.

Another reason to consider Husky is national pride :prof:

I know, I know they went from Sweden, to Italy, to Malaysia (Wee hoo), and now Germany

Okay,thanks.Now I now little more about the diffrents.It feels like im going to buy the KTM because they always deliver the spareparts quickly.The only thing I dont like with KTM is the radiaters.So small and easy to get overheated when there`s really muddy.At the Aprilia you get a radiaterfan in standard.

The Husky's all have fans for 2008 as well as EFI. Fuel tanks are pretty small however.

Greg

Get the RXV! Every time you look at it you know you have ot the coolest bike on the planet. Every time you twist the throtle you know you have the fastest bike on the planet. GET IT FROM A GREAT DEALER AND YOU WILL NOT HAVE ANY PROBLEMS.

Get the RXV! Every time you look at it you know you have ot the coolest bike on the planet. Every time you twist the throtle you know you have the fastest bike on the planet. GET IT FROM A GREAT DEALER AND YOU WILL NOT HAVE ANY PROBLEMS.

True but your lap times would be faster on another bike because you seem to holding on for your life every time you hit the throttle the RXV 550.:prof:

huh, my RXV550 did not have the power to weight ratio of my HP2 :prof:

And not all dealers are created equal and unfortunately maybe 1 out of 10 Aprilia dealer even know what dirt looks like let alone been given the proper tools/training/parts to service the RXV and SXV's properly as of late here in the USA, maybe better over closer to Italy, dunno.

And not all dealers are created equal and unfortunately maybe 1 out of 10 Aprilia dealer even know what dirt looks like let alone been given the proper tools/training/parts to service the RXV and SXV's properly as of late here in the USA, maybe better over closer to Italy, dunno.

Point taken (No replacement for displacement.) but (This may be the first time I've ever said this.) I would guess the RXV would turn better and the HP2 would only start to pull away after 85-90 mph.

Point taken (No replacement for displacement.) but (This may be the first time I've ever said this.) I would guess the RXV would turn better and the HP2 would only start to pull away after 85-90 mph.

0-60 in 3.2 sec on a stock HP2, install an aftermarket exhaust w/re-mapping like de-restricting the RXV and now you're down to a flat 3.0. It's stupid fast, I'd rather be doing 110 on the HP2 then the RXV and the HP2 will gladly do sustained high end until the tank runs dry. Plus the HP2 has 6 speeds and can get to 60 with one gear change, not so on the RXV.

The RXV would be better for single track, but open fire road or desert and the HP2 can own the RXV. I was just kinda chuckling at the earlier "fastest bike on the planet" comment as there are bikes with higher HP/weight ratios out there, of course it's up to the rider and conditions to make use of it. I have owned both and kept the HP2 with a big grin to this day when I crank it up. If the RXV had a wide ratio 6 speed and 3.5 gallon or bigger tank I'd probably still own it in addition to the HP2. As it is the HP2 still gets better fuel mileage then the RXV even at twice the displacement.

0-60 in 3.2 sec on a stock HP2, install an aftermarket exhaust w/re-mapping like de-restricting the RXV and now you're down to a flat 3.0. It's stupid fast, I'd rather be doing 110 on the HP2 then the RXV and the HP2 will gladly do sustained high end until the tank runs dry. Plus the HP2 has 6 speeds and can get to 60 with one gear change, not so on the RXV.

The RXV would be better for single track, but open fire road or desert and the HP2 can own the RXV. I was just kinda chuckling at the earlier "fastest bike on the planet" comment as there are bikes with higher HP/weight ratios out there, of course it's up to the rider and conditions to make use of it. I have owned both and kept the HP2 with a big grin to this day when I crank it up. If the RXV had a wide ratio 6 speed and 3.5 gallon or bigger tank I'd probably still own it in addition to the HP2. As it is the HP2 still gets better fuel mileage then the RXV even at twice the displacement.

I can not tell a lie. I would love to own a HP2 also but I could not ride one on tight trails.

Ye Bobby.. It's not always about power to weight! On the Aussie BMW Safari there was way more carnage with the HP2's than any other bike! And only 6 HP's out of 180 bikes in total... The thing is the HP's are great desert racers but not great Enduro bikes. they are too heavy and a weapon in the wrong hands, i.e anyone that isn't a gun rider! (IMHO :bonk: )

Just googled the HP2. Can you mount a big gun on that tank! I am a trail rider and my RXV is not in the same class as that bike. Tight trails, quick steering, mind blowing performance, GOOD LOOKS, the RXV has it all!:prof:

Did you just compare a hp2 to an enduro bike!? Moran! Why do you think BMW have just bought the big H? They bought them as bmw do not produce enduro/mx race bikes!

Did you just compare a hp2 to an enduro bike!? Moran! Why do you think BMW have just bought the big H? They bought them as bmw do not produce enduro/mx race bikes!

The OP didn't say fastest "enduro" bike on the planet nor specify fastest where, lol :bonk:

But looking at the results of the 2007 Ironman GNCC I didn't see a single RXV in the line up, did see an HP2 place very well though :prof:

The OP didn't say fastest "enduro" bike on the planet nor specify fastest where, lol :thumbsup: :

well if your going to be like that then how about the 1098 or mv312 and you should definitly look up on youtube 'hitler bought the wrong bike':p

i havent seen power to weight figures for either bike? does anyone have them..