kx125 setup

I :confused: hare scambles and I was woudering what kind of Suspension and and tires I should have . what kind of rinding gear should I have? thank you

suspension should be fairly soft, so i few clicks out, tyres need to hook up well so just make sure they have loots of grip, research tyres to see which type grip best for the type of terrain, wear usuall riding gear motocross boots, pants, top etc make sure your well protected, all motocross gear should do the job.

Set-up depends on the conditions. Are you riding in the desert, woods, mountains, sand, mud, rocks? Is it hot or cold, dry or rainy? Is the course all rooty wood trails, heavily whooped, rocky, does it include a motocross portion?

Determining the answers to these questions will help you decide what you need, like sand tires for sand, ventilated riding gear for high temperatures, cushy suspension settings for roots, etc...

A few things I would suggest:

A hydration system. Dehydration will end your riding in a very bad way.

In cool weather, if you're comfortable while standing around the truck, you'll be too hot when riding.

Bark Busters are a must. Not only will they protect your levers in the event of a crash, possibly preventing a DNF, they can also save your fingers from getting pinched off by the levers if you hit a tree. And you WILL crash. Always prepare for the inevitable crash.

I refuse to ride without a chest protector. If you tangle with another bike, a chest protector just might save your life by keeping you from getting stabbed by bars or levers.

You can't be too anal when prepping your bike. That one bolt that you ignore is the one that will fall out and end your day.

Run tear-offs or roll-offs, or both. Tossing your goggles because they got too muddy IS NOT an option unless you like risking losing an eyeball to roost.

Ride your own pace. Race the course, not the other bikes. Trying to run with riders that are beyond your skill level will get you hurt.

Thank you guys for the Information that helps alot