Original Axle Position (When Bike was new)

Hello All,

I have an 08 450 and it appears my ERT-2 chain is stretching quite considerably. I usually record the stock measurements for future reference before the first ride, but evidently I failed to do so (i.e., can't find the measurement). My question is does anyone know what tic mark the axle was aligned with when the bike was new. I seem to recall it was in the middle (i.e., 4th mark (from the front of the bike). I am currently in between the 6th and 7th marks. I realize I can measure the wheelbase, but what a pain with only one person. I thought it would be easier to ask the question.

Thanks and Happy Easter.

Hello All,

I have an 08 450 and it appears my ERT-2 chain is stretching quite considerably. I usually record the stock measurements for future reference before the first ride, but evidently I failed to do so (i.e., can't find the measurement). My question is does anyone know what tic mark the axle was aligned with when the bike was new. I seem to recall it was in the middle (i.e., 4th mark (from the front of the bike). I am currently in between the 6th and 7th marks. I realize I can measure the wheelbase, but what a pain with only one person. I thought it would be easier to ask the question.

Thanks and Happy Easter.

not to interupt this thread but a quality o-ring or x-ring chain will not stretch at all.....to end your headache:thumbsup: