Sign in to follow this  

Is this possible?

Did the FCR 39 carb install a few month's ago.I was very happy with the power.I put in a zipty extended fuel screw at the same time.Only problem was if I screwed it in all the way,it did not start to stall untill it was 1/4 of the way in.And I could pretty much screw it all the way out with no stall,over 4 turns out.I ordered a Kientech extended screw.when I removed my Zipty I never found the spring,o ring,or the washer.I put the new screw in with the part's from my original screw.And the bike run's great now.Could it run without the spring,washer,and o ring?Or did they just fall out without me noticing.I looked every place I could.Just wondering.

Are you sure you put the spring, o-ring & washer on the zipty to begin with? If you did, then they were probably still in the hole on the carb.

Are you sure you put the spring, o-ring & washer on the zipty to begin with? If you did, then they were probably still in the hole on the carb.

I got a flashlight,thin piece of wire,picked around for 20 min.Did not find anything.Besides it run's better than ever.

The good news is that it runs better than ever. It's possible the bits-n-pieces were never installed with the zipty. I guess some mysteries will never be solved. Oh well, grab a hand full of throttle & ride her!!

Really does sound like you just didn't get them in the first time. They simply cannot get out when the fuel screw is in place. The o-ring seals the opening around the fuel screw, the washer keeps the spring from buggering up the o-ring, and the spring keeps tension on the fuel screw so it doesn't change position or back out. I reckon you're lucky the zippy-tie was still in when you went to replace it.

All's well that ends well. :confused: