Sign in to follow this  

Yz80

Unless you are willing to settle for something that is 10-15 years old, or just beat to junk, you probably won't find one near that price.

Unless you are willing to settle for something that is 10-15 years old, or just beat to junk, you probably won't find one near that price.

pretty much i bought my 04 yz 85 for 1200 and that was a tough find ur lookin at 80s or early 90s for that much:excuseme:

Im looking for a mid 70's to 80's bike for under $400, one that i can learn on and make street legal when i hit 16, if it needs work thats fine too.

If you're really looking for one that old, about the only place you really stand a chance is on eBay, or possibly your local papers. Keep in mind, that a semi-decent YZ80 that is 20-30 years old, is going to be pretty hard to find to begin with, and getting parts will be even harder.

If all I had was $400, and was looking for something to learn how to ride on, I would greatly expand my search parameters. There are a lot of 80-125s out there of various makes and models, 2t and 4t that would make good learning bikes.

I just did a search on eBay for bikes under 250cc, and up to $500. There are currently 323 listed auctions. I can't tell you how many, if any, of them are near your though.

Another option you can try is checking with the local bike shops, and go to the local tracks / riding areas. There is always someone who has a bike taking space in their garage that is willing to part with it.

Good luck to you in your search.