Sign in to follow this  

MX chest protectors

I want a hard shell plastic chest protector, however I don't care for the big bulky ones like the thor force, fox airframe etc... The new Fox Raceframe looks good, I am also very interested in the Thor Sentinel. Anybody have any other suggestions for a smaller lighter chest protector? I think I also saw one called the Alpinestars Storm that looked good. Another thing that is really important to me is ventilation, in hot weather I don't usually wear my Fox chest protector because of the heat. I think its an old R3 or something, from like 03.

The Fox Raceframe looks sweet. I'd have it in a second if it worked w/ the leatt (I doubt it does).

Edit: I just noticed that you inlucded Raceframe in your original post, so I edit mine a bit. :confused:

I hope you get some replys on this one, because I have the same question. It's just in the 70's here and I'm already getting warm. Soon it will be 100!

I hope you get some replys on this one, because I have the same question. It's just in the 70's here and I'm already getting warm. Soon it will be 100!

Summer sucks in Cali for riding.:excuseme: But we dont have snowy winters.:confused:

the sentinel is good and feels about half the size as the thor force. it is also very light weight. the only thing that took some getting used to is it is much shorter then the force and sits a little above my belly button btw im about 5 10" if you ride with 450s on a track with good size rocks you will know the difference but if you ride in sand or with 250fs or 250 two smokes you wont notice it much but if you stay out front youll get a nice breeze and not have to worry about rocks

I'm very interested in the new Raceframe, the Sentinel seems just a little on the skimpy side to me.

I'm very interested in the new Raceframe, the Sentinel seems just a little on the skimpy side to me.

Pricey though.

Pricey though.

Yeah... thats really the thing thats deterring me from it. The Revo 5 I have looked into, seems like it would be on the warm side, especially under the jersey. I will look into it a little more though, could be a good option.

Yeah... thats really the thing thats deterring me from it. The Revo 5 I have looked into, seems like it would be on the warm side, especially under the jersey. I will look into it a little more though, could be a good option.

If you decide on a Revo 5, let me know. I have one (used but in good shape) that I'll give you for the price of shipping. It's dirty cuz I used to wear it OVER my jersey.

• Like 1

Shifter...are the shoulder cups removable?

The cups (plastic part over the shoulder on the 5) come off, but the shoulder pads are sewn on. They could be cut off though. The 4 is just like the 5 but w/o the shoulder pads/cups - that's it.