Opinions please

So I bought some gold Excels for the bike thinking they were the same ones factory Suzuki runs (Excel ads make the gold look so much brighter). Once they arrive I open them up to see the color similar to baby dookie orange. I searched on this site to find that Excel actually makes "yellow" and that it's a special order item. I was quoted 180 for the yellow front and 150 for the rear. Should I give the gold a shot or go with the yellows. The golds may actually look trick, but if I install, don't like then I'm screwed. What do you guys think? I've asked and the responses were 50/50. I'm getting tired of my black excels. Thanks guys! -Jeff

HPIM0457.jpg

HPIM0456.jpg

id say get the yellow, but im partial cause i looovvveee the yellow, never really was a fan of gold

I like silver myself. They don't get so ratty tatty after a few tyre changes.

I like silver myself. They don't get so ratty tatty after a few tyre changes.

I agree. I ahve silver Excell rims, they don't look very trick but as Dangeroo said they ars still looking quite good still even after a few rocks and tyres changes later. :confused:

otherwise yellow....

i see you already have black rims....i really like the look of black rims, i would just stick with them

I would go yellow.

I would stick with the black, and put the gold on the baby stroller behind the bike......j/k. Go for the gold!

WOW first I would like to say SHARP bike. That bike actually look alot like my own but it does appear that you are more into the cleaning aspect than I am. Mine is an 06 what year is yours? Also I am working on cleaning that thing up like I have said on another thread in this forum but the better half is basically telling me that it ain't happening tommorrow due to easter but we shall see who wins that one. Probably her but I will put up a good fight LMAO!

On the note of the thread and the info posted I would say that with black rims as nice as yours you definently know how to change tires using a rim saver or you are reall good with the spoons.

I say with the choices presented I would put black on my bike BUT looking at the accents on your bike I would say that some RED excels would look killer. That is just my 2 cents, given the presented choices I really think it comes down to what you like cause a bike that clean is going to look good with shitty brown looking rims.

:confused:

WOW first I would like to say SHARP bike. That bike actually look alot like my own but it does appear that you are more into the cleaning aspect than I am. Mine is an 06 what year is yours? Also I am working on cleaning that thing up like I have said on another thread in this forum but the better half is basically telling me that it ain't happening tommorrow due to easter but we shall see who wins that one. Probably her but I will put up a good fight LMAO!

On the note of the thread and the info posted I would say that with black rims as nice as yours you definently know how to change tires using a rim saver or you are reall good with the spoons.

I say with the choices presented I would put black on my bike BUT looking at the accents on your bike I would say that some RED excels would look killer. That is just my 2 cents, given the presented choices I really think it comes down to what you like cause a bike that clean is going to look good with shitty brown looking rims.

Haha! Thanks for the kind words keene80. I was seriously debating the red excels, but I heard they turn pink after a while. I'm seriously contimplating what I want to do. Thanks for the input everyone.:excuseme:

The gold would look sick,over yellow black rainbow what ever the gold would accent the bike really nice,but they do scratch with tire changes but they make rim savers,and you can always get an anodized gold touch up paint from you local autozone or advantage auto parts.

baby dookie?! :excuseme: trust me its not that bad it would look like the rc replica but better :confused:

baby dookie?! :excuseme: trust me its not that bad it would look like the rc replica but better :confused:

NO NO I wasn't trying to say that the yellow or gold rims looked like shitty diapers. I was merely trying to say that a bike that clean would look good with any rim on it.

On a sidenote I had never heard of the red Excels turning pink after a few washes, I would not have suggested them had I known that. All I know is that I looked at an RMZ 450 with the PC clamps and red twinwalls and pc clutch perch and red accients in his custom graphics and that sh** looked killa.

Off the thread I was looking at your bike and we have alot of the same parts. What year is your bike? :excuseme:

It's an 05'. She's getting up there, but I can't see ever getting rid of it. I'm so pro 2 stroke it's not funny!:confused:

Put them on and see what they look like.