Anyone see this months MXA?

Do any of you guys MXA Magazine? There was a pretty interesting article in it. As you may or may not know, that particular magazine is ran by 2-stroke lovers. They did an interesting review this month. They took a 300XC, put an electric start kit on it, and gave it a review for MX. They didn't want the wide ratio of the XCW(e) but they liked the idea of the electric start. It was a pretty neat article, they liked everything about it. Even for MX. They added a tooth to the rear sprocket to make the trans less gappy, along with some other minor mods. All in all they loved the 300 motor for MX, especially that it weighed in at 220 with the electric start. I just thought it was an interesting article, and you should read it if you get the chance. Maybe if I can figure out how to use this damn scanner, (its been 3 months and I'm the only one thats clueless on it) I'll post it up for ya.

I think Dirt Rider did something kinda similiar. In the March 08 issue (450mx shootout) they compared a 450XC to a 450SX-F (pg74). They said that the XC was a better mx bike for most "real-world" riders. Only the fastest mx riders could go faster on the sx-f.

Do any of you guys MXA Magazine? There was a pretty interesting article in it. As you may or may not know, that particular magazine is ran by 2-stroke lovers. They did an interesting review this month. They took a 300XC, put an electric start kit on it, and gave it a review for MX. They didn't want the wide ratio of the XCW(e) but they liked the idea of the electric start. It was a pretty neat article, they liked everything about it. Even for MX. They added a tooth to the rear sprocket to make the trans less gappy, along with some other minor mods. All in all they loved the 300 motor for MX, especially that it weighed in at 220 with the electric start. I just thought it was an interesting article, and you should read it if you get the chance. Maybe if I can figure out how to use this damn scanner, (its been 3 months and I'm the only one thats clueless on it) I'll post it up for ya.

MXA is just a responsible for slurping up the 4T as any other comic book. They have written so good stuff for the 2T, but they never came out and said the 4T was a loser from the git go. They do defend the 2T well, but MONEY (read; advertising) caused them to say things about 4T's that we all know were lies.

I think Dirt Rider did something kinda similiar. In the March 08 issue (450mx shootout) they compared a 450XC to a 450SX-F (pg74). They said that the XC was a better mx bike for most "real-world" riders. Only the fastest mx riders could go faster on the sx-f.

True, but thats got nothing to do with the 2-strioke 300XC

Mike

MXA is just a responsible for slurping up the 4T as any other comic book. They have written so good stuff for the 2T, but they never came out and said the 4T was a loser from the git go. They do defend the 2T well, but MONEY (read; advertising) caused them to say things about 4T's that we all know were lies.

I don't know anything about advertising dollars or anything like that, I just thought it wasan interesting article. Wanna explain?

True, but thats got nothing to do with the 2-strioke 300XC

I was just supporting the fact that a enduro/hare scramble bike performed better than a mx specific bike.

I don't know anything about advertising dollars or anything like that, I just thought it wasan interesting article. Wanna explain?

You said they were "two stroke lovers". While MXA does defend the 2T, did they ever have a shootout between a 250 2T and a 250F? Did they ever call the 4T nothing but a money grab, not only for the manufacturers, but for the magazines themselves? Did they tell you not only their advertising rates went up, but the number of advertisers went up, just because of the 4T?

That was all I was saying. I will pick up the issue tomorrow night becasue it does sound interesting.

I just don't want MXA (or any other magazine for that matter) to not accept responsibility for the lies they have propagated.

bbm

You said they were "two stroke lovers". While MXA does defend the 2T, did they ever have a shootout between a 250 2T and a 250F? Did they ever call the 4T nothing but a money grab, not only for the manufacturers, but for the magazines themselves? Did they tell you not only their advertising rates went up, but the number of advertisers went up, just because of the 4T?

That was all I was saying. I will pick up the issue tomorrow night becasue it does sound interesting.

I just don't want MXA (or any other magazine for that matter) to not accept responsibility for the lies they have propagated.

bbm

Now I get it.. there just as responsible as the other magazines for the four stroke ruckus. Gotcha. :confused: