Jetting

I have a 2005 wr250f and I put a Q2 on it. I also went up to a 50 pilot jet the stock on was a 42. Its still not running right when i hammer the gas the throttle is just not there. Should i try going up on the leak dowm jet .. Hows the jd jetting.

That sounds like a really rich pilot jet and I think you could use an aftermarket accelerator pump cover. It will shoot more gas in when you crack the throttle. I have an extra Boysen one that I'll sell you if you want for $50. Email if interested, Lelandjt@hotmail.com

I know i have a quick shot two on it

The fuel screw is turned out three turns already .. Its also bad when im coming out on a corner and I pin the throttle it just falls on its face.

The fuel screw is turned out three turns already .. Its also bad when im coming out on a corner and I pin the throttle it just falls on its face.

where are your needle and main at?

what other mods have you done (open airbox, etc)?

What altitude are you at?

Have you changed your leak jet yet?

thanks

I have a 2005 wr250f and I put a Q2 on it. I also went up to a 50 pilot jet the stock on was a 42. Its still not running right when i hammer the gas the throttle is just not there. Should i try going up on the leak dowm jet .. Hows the jd jetting.

:confused::excuseme: :excuseme:

I don't understand your reasoning. You jumped 3 sizes on the pilot because you put on a q2? How did it run when you installed the q2 or did you make these changes all at once.

I meant to say I put a qiuck shot 2 (Q2)

Didnt look at the niddle or main jet.. I didnt do any mods but the kid before me did the grey wire mod and cut the throttle stop to yz spec. Didnt change leak down jet.

Put the 42 pilot back in. Pilot and fuel screw are for idle.

What size leak jet is in the bike? Best resuilts are with on in the 40 to 55 range. Did you do the oring mod?

Whats the oring mod..I thought the fuel screw was for fine tuning when i went up with the pilot jet it hepled it alot but its still not right. Is it because its just to cold for the bike