"08 TE610 Forks

I got a call from my dealer today and he wants a email stating how I was lead to believe the bike would have the compression and rebound on the shock and how disappointed I was to find the shock doesn’t have it.

This is beyond weird.

Don't all 'real' bikes come with full adjustments? Not the cheaper low budget trail bikes like a crf100 or CRF230 but the more expensive bikes. Isn't it 'assumed' because this is so basic?

This sounds like closing a deal on a new car that does not come with tires on it.

Am I missing something?

@Coffee...... your not missing anything. I work for a manufacturing company as a welder and I can tell ya first hand what ever we send them, right or wrong, they put it together and ship it. We have had some end users get very mad when thing are missing and when they fail from a missing weld or ???? Sounds like it might be the same all over…. People don’t watch what they are doing and never ask questions about what they are putting together. :prof:

This is beyond weird.

Don't all 'real' bikes come with full adjustments? Not the cheaper low budget trail bikes like a crf100 or CRF230 but the more expensive bikes. Isn't it 'assumed' because this is so basic?

This sounds like closing a deal on a new car that does not come with tires on it.

Am I missing something?

You're not missing anything. The bike is.:prof:

Round one

I got a call from my dealer today and he wants a email stating how I was lead to believe the bike would have the compression and rebound on the shock and how disappointed I was to find the shock doesn’t have it.

Then he is going to send this to Husky USA and they will send it to Italy.

More when I know more.

From the Husqvarna USA website:

"The rear arm is the same as used on the TE 450/510 models and has a new Sachs shock absorber with compression and rebound adjustment using a redesigned link. At the front is a pair of Marzocchi 45 mm inverted forks with adjustable compression and rebound damping. The Brembo brakes feature a floating 4-caliper 260 mm front disc while rear braking is left to a 220 mm disc.

In effect, the suspension and brakes are the same as on the TE with softer but fully adjustable settings."

Suggest all owners of new 08 TE 610's start calling Husqvarna USA and whine until they supply us with change parts for free.

• Like 1

In effect, the suspension and brakes are the same as on the TE with softer but fully adjustable settings."

For sure this isnt a true statement. My buddys US spec '08 TE 610 has the same nut at the bottom. So they arent the same as the other TE's!

:prof:

"The rear arm is the same as used on the TE 450/510 models and has a new Sachs shock absorber with compression and rebound adjustment using a redesigned link. At the front is a pair of Marzocchi 45 mm inverted forks with adjustable compression and rebound damping. The Brembo brakes feature a floating 4-caliper 260 mm front disc while rear braking is left to a 220 mm disc.

Suggest all owners of new 08 TE 610's start calling Husqvarna USA and whine until they supply us with change parts for free.

NICE!

Good heavens - someone liked what you posted - look at your gas gauge :prof:

this is what you will probably find, which is no adjustment

web.jpg

Looks more like a protective screw-on cap than a 'bolt' holding the damper in.

Anyone try loosening it to see what's on the other side?

Anyone call George yet? :prof:

I don't think that's a cover. Looks to be the base valve itself and I wouldn't remove it. Call Husky if you like but I'm sure they have the usual disclaimer "Specifications subject to change" which put them in the clear.

Really sucks to cheapen a quality bike in such a cheesy manner.

MCNut

I plead dumb, who is George and why does he accept calls? :bonk: Being new to the Husky fold me no know George. :prof:

And speaking of cheapening, I understand that the 08' 610's do not come with the rear rack, but previous model years did. The dealer I'm working is giving me one they have on hand, but I assume it has been standard equipment. Anyone know about this?

I called George and he confirmed no rebound adjustment. BTW. You can go to www.husqvarnausa.com and on the left hand side you can select "contact" and send them an inquiry as well. I've sent on as well as contacted my dealer.

Thanks for the information, could you find out from George if the previous model parts can be fitted to the 08? This is in their parts manual, page 16 part# 48. If so, how much would this cost?

Part# 8000 91480 "Plug assembly"

Loading the bikes for Death Valley right now. Two little 'R's next to the air bleed screw on top. Nothing but a big ol nut on the bottom. Usually that means rebound.

No rack, but a smaller rack support underneath the fender.

How can anyone build a dual sport bike without compression adjustment?

I just dont get it. Is this a BMW thing? maybe i do get it....:prof:

Clarification on my previous post. I meant compression and not rebound. Any way....George runs Uptite racing, etc...in So Cal and is one of the most respected Husky'ers in the country. He said he's working on some options as we speak for fitting the 08's with compression adjustments but doesn't have the details as of yet.

I have no idea why this would have happened but to me after reading Husky's description info and this is the same fork as previous years, I bet you Husky U.S.A. did not know this happened. Either by supplier did it or someone in Italy cheapened the order and forgot to say anything. Just remember that the exchange rate is killing there profits, I am sure you are aware that KTM jacked dealer costs by like $600.00 in the middle of the '08's. Yes it is wrong to say there is compression adjustment and I would be mad too if I owned one and found that out. I think they will do something or offer a compression adjuster. Husky has offered this same fork for so long it surprises me that there would be a change like this, I mean how much difference in price are we talking?