Sign in to follow this  

"08 TE610 Forks

The bright side is these forks need to be worked on anyway, if just to eliminate some of the massive stiction in the tubes. Might as well just install the compression adjusters while they are apart.

I just took my Sm610 to the track and cant believe how harsh the forks are.

I'm almost positive they are valved and sprung okay but there is no suppleness to them.

The TC forks on my 250 and 125 must have spoiled me!

The amount of mechanical knowledge & skills on the this section of TT is daunting & massive. I am absolutely sure someone will come up with something although it may not be in the immediate future.

It would make the most sense to me to have something added / changed when the forks were being revalved/serviced/lowered/whatever by a suspension shop.

I hope this was not done on purpose, especially for a marketing reason.

There was a lot of queries going in abou this issue, has anyone received any more definitive answers in the last week since the prior post?

Received a note back from Cagiva USA stating Husky was aware of the issue and working on a solution. I have asked my dealer to reinquire with Cagiva USA today. I am a little worried they just hope we go away.

Well "working on a solution" is somewhat encouraging, as opposed to "they know about it" routine.

Hopefully the solution will not be a valve kit available through your local husky dealer . . . . for $$$.

How did you hear back from Cagiva? I have a message to them and heard nothing back.

Received a note back from Cagiva USA stating Husky was aware of the issue and working on a solution. I have asked my dealer to reinquire with Cagiva USA today. I am a little worried they just hope we go away.

Thats a good sign. Bit of a test of the new BMW/Husky. Fingers crossed.

Thats a good sign. Bit of a test of the new BMW/Husky. Fingers crossed.

Well, it seems they took the easiest way out of this dilemma and revised the specifications. Looking at the Husky USA web site, both the write up and the specification sheets were revised to include ONLY rebound adjustment for the front suspension on the new TE610.

New owners, please share front suspension ride experience, I'm collecting my new bike from the dealer May 3rd, so I'm curious.

Well, it seems they took the easiest way out of this dilemma and revised the specifications. Looking at the Husky USA web site, both the write up and the specification sheets were revised to include ONLY rebound adjustment for the front suspension on the new TE610.

New owners, please share front suspension ride experience, I'm collecting my new bike from the dealer May 3rd, so I'm curious.

They changed the specs after a bunch of bikes shipped and you are still considering buying one?

They changed the specs after a bunch of bikes shipped and you are still considering buying one?

Too late, they already have my money.:thumbsup:

I plead dumb, who is George and why does he accept calls? :confused: Being new to the Husky fold me no know George. :thumbsup:

And speaking of cheapening, I understand that the 08' 610's do not come with the rear rack, but previous model years did. The dealer I'm working is giving me one they have on hand, but I assume it has been standard equipment. Anyone know about this?

When we talk about George we are referring to George Erl, he is the owner/operator of Uptite racing in Santa Ana Ca. George is one of the oldest and most respected Husky dealers around. He manufactures custom parts for Huskies (and other bikes) but the coolest thing about George is that he is very passionate about the brand and always willing to share what he knows. George is a valuable member of our comunnity and a good friend to many of us.:thumbsup:

When we talk about George we are referring to George Erl, he is the owner/operator of Uptite racing in Santa Ana Ca. George is one of the oldest and most respected Husky dealers around. He manufactures custom parts for Huskies (and other bikes) but the coolest thing about George is that he is very passionate about the brand and always willing to share what he knows. George is a valuable member of our comunnity and a good friend to many of us.:thumbsup:
Thanks. I have since figured that out after scanning through the gazillion posts :thumbsup: in the TE610 owners thread over on Advrider. I've already got my eye on one of his skidplates. thing of beauty!

Thanks. I have since figured that out after scanning through the gazillion posts :thumbsup: in the TE610 owners thread over on Advrider. I've already got my eye on one of his skidplates. thing of beauty!

The only problem with having one of Georges skid plates is that you really feel bad everytime you gouge it on a rock.:thumbsup:

The only problem with having one of Georges skid plates is that you really feel bad everytime you gouge it on a rock.:thumbsup:
Point taken.:thumbsup:

This is a really scary thread. I mean class action suit scary.

Is this the sort of destruction of the Husqvarna name BMW means to accomplish?

I can't imagine they would try to pull this off.

WHO IN THE HELL would want to spend $7000+ on a bike with non-adjustable forks? What's next? Rightside up forks with aircaps and rubber boots ala 1978?

For $9000????

One of the big reasons anybody here buys a Husqvarna is because it is a race-ready, no nonsense quality machine. If I wanted a foo-foo bike, i'd save my money and buy an XT225.

This is Horsedung. I would be REALLY pissed if I walked out into the garage after reading this, looked down and saw my bike lacking such basic functionality.

I have an '06, and was planning on replacing it in the '09 model year with a TE610. I am going to be paying very close attention to the resolution of this issue. Maybe I'll give my money to the Austrians instead...or even the Japanese.

Here is a link to the thread over at ADVrider about the forks and a letter that is being sent. Please feel free to add on the the thread.

Rumor I heard today from my dealer, who heard it from his corp. contact, is that Husky wants to do something. They do appear to want to make it right, but whether it will be fork fixing is not certain.

Here is a link to the thread over at ADVrider about the forks and a letter that is being sent. Please feel free to add on the the thread.

Great link!!

Suggest we all write so that Husky hears about this. My letter is below:

Christian,

I have purchased a new TE 610 2008 model from XXXXX

I am taking delivery of the bike on May 3rd and unfortunately this was a cash deal, as I am overseas at the moment and to secure the bike when I fly back into the US I have already paid in full.

I believe the dealer also sells KTM and may negotiate actually taking one of these off his hands as an alternative.

What upsets me, is the fact that there is no dealer in my state, Husky USA was not accommodating to ship a bike through other means into Arkansas, so I had make some efforts to get this bike and between the time of purchase and now, Husky USA changed an important feature in their specifications, one which affects the use of the machine negatively. The specification was changed to resolve a technical error and this is unacceptable.

IMPORTANT!

Interesting, I have downloaded two parts manuals, one for the 2006 TE 610 and one for the 2008 TE 610ie from the UK website. The parts manual show the changes which were made in 2008 and basically two small components have been changed, being part of the bottom fork plug. 2008 model has a part “8000B1657” while 2006 model has a part “800096647”. The changes are very small and I suspect Marsochi changed this and supplied a new drawing to husky. This probably slipped past the technical department at Husky. If the one part can be substituted for the other, this should be an inexpensive fix from Husky, all they have to do is supply two valve assemblies for each machine sold, with the option to have the dealer install. The least Husky USA can do, is look at this properly and communicate their proposed plan to the dealer network.

Simply changing specifications to solve the problem is dishonest in my opinion and shows an attitude of greed rather than customer service. This does not show them being passionate about their brand and was probably bad judgment from one individual. I do not enter into business with an organization showing dishonest values and sincerely hope this matter is resolved.

Thanks for your help.

Willem J Martins

Great link!!

Suggest we all write so that Husky hears about this. My letter is below:

Christian,

I have purchased a new TE 610 2008 model from XXXXX

I am taking delivery of the bike on May 3rd and unfortunately this was a cash deal, as I am overseas at the moment and to secure the bike when I fly back into the US I have already paid in full.

I believe the dealer also sells KTM and may negotiate actually taking one of these off his hands as an alternative.

What upsets me, is the fact that there is no dealer in my state, Husky USA was not accommodating to ship a bike through other means into Arkansas, so I had make some efforts to get this bike and between the time of purchase and now, Husky USA changed an important feature in their specifications, one which affects the use of the machine negatively. The specification was changed to resolve a technical error and this is unacceptable.

IMPORTANT!

Interesting, I have downloaded two parts manuals, one for the 2006 TE 610 and one for the 2008 TE 610ie from the UK website. The parts manual show the changes which were made in 2008 and basically two small components have been changed, being part of the bottom fork plug. 2008 model has a part “8000B1657” while 2006 model has a part “800096647”. The changes are very small and I suspect Marsochi changed this and supplied a new drawing to husky. This probably slipped past the technical department at Husky. If the one part can be substituted for the other, this should be an inexpensive fix from Husky, all they have to do is supply two valve assemblies for each machine sold, with the option to have the dealer install. The least Husky USA can do, is look at this properly and communicate their proposed plan to the dealer network.

Simply changing specifications to solve the problem is dishonest in my opinion and shows an attitude of greed rather than customer service. This does not show them being passionate about their brand and was probably bad judgment from one individual. I do not enter into business with an organization showing dishonest values and sincerely hope this matter is resolved.

Thanks for your help.

Willem J Martins

GREAT LETTER!

I hope it helps to get the ball rolling on some sort of fix/rebate for us Huskyfolk!

I have received this from Husky and trust we are in good hands as it looks promising. Any reports from 08 TE 610 riders about the ride feel with the front suspension?

"Willem,

As far as the front forks on the 2008 TE 610's, we have made the factory aware of this issue and the reaction we are receiving from present and potential customers. We will have to wait and see how they want to deal with it. We were told by the factory that this model would have the adjustable compression and we were just as surprised as you to find out that it did not have this feature. Once again we will have to wait and see what the factory does. I honestly do not know of the 2007 parts are interchangeable with the 2008's but my guess is that it would work. I will try to do some research and see what I can find out.

-----

Ed Perry

Husqvarna Eastern Region Sales Representative Cagiva USA"