Sign in to follow this  

"08 TE610 Forks

I think we have a small problem. The forks on the '08 TE610 have NO compression adjustment …… Take a look at your forks and post here what you find.

From the Husky USA site.

The rear arm is the same as used on the TE 450/510 models and has a new Sachs shock absorber with compression and rebound adjustment using a redesigned link. At the front is a pair of Marzocchi 45 mm inverted forks with adjustable compression and rebound damping. The Brembo brakes feature a floating 4-caliper 260 mm front disc while rear braking is left to a 220 mm disc.

Is it the same on the brake side? Compression damping only on one side maybe?

That is what I was thinking as well.

My BMW 650 X-Challenge was like that as well. Look at both fork cap adjusters. I bet one is for compression, the other is for rebound.

First thing I did was go out to my 07 and looked and sure enough I have a small screw in the middle of that nut in the pic( I knew I adjusted it once but you guys had me freaking out.) So there is a fork difference between the years (06, 07, 08)besides color.:confused:

What I’m wondering is how many other models have the same shock and could it be a mistake at the mother ship. :confused:

Just spoke with Les of LTR suspension. He suspects he can retrofit an adjustable base valve on the 08' bikes. He has a set of 45 Zokes on hand to scavenge parts. If you are interested give him a call.

http://www.lt-racing.com/

Dan

Any Euro members on here that can verify whether or not their 08' 610's have the compressions adjustments? Be interesting to know.

Is it the same on the brake side? Compression damping only on one side maybe?

It might be the way KTMs were dampning on one side and compression on the other what does the manual say

I didnt see any compression adjustment for the rear shock either. :prof:
I thought I have read the shock has it. Your forks do not have the adjusters on the bottom?

Your forks do not have the adjusters on the bottom?

My buddy bought a '08 TE 610 last week. Went to the desert with him to break it in few days ago. Got down in the sand to adjust the forks, but there was just a great big nut like in the picture.

Took a quick look at the shock and couldnt find any compression adjustment either.

We are going riding again this weekend, i'm gonna take a closer look at things.

Anyway--it does appear that the '08 TE610 in the US doesnt have compression adjustment on the bottom of the forks.

My buddy bought a '08 TE 610 last week. Went to the desert with him to break it in few days ago. Got down in the sand to adjust the forks, but there was just a great big nut like in the picture.

Took a quick look at the shock and couldnt find any compression adjustment either.

We are going riding again this weekend, i'm gonna take a closer look at things.

Anyway--it does appear that the '08 TE610 in the US doesnt have compression adjustment on the bottom of the forks.

Sorry I'm getting a bit confused here. Trust me it ain't hard for me to do. :bonk:

Your location says Sweden, so I assume you have a Euro version 08' TE610. However, you say you went to the desert :prof: and then mention the US model not having the adjusters, which I'm already convinced of. I'm trying to determine if the Euro-release models have it and we do not, which has been the case at times with features/options for other manufacturers' models.

Thanks

Call George: (714) 540-2920

You'll have yer answer in less than 10 seconds.

The shock has the compression on top, high and low speed, and the rebound on the bottom. The link could be turned wrong towards the chain and therefore you overlooked it.

Dan

Why in the world any manufacturer would build a bike with a hi/lo compression shock and no adjustment in the fork is beyond me. It has to be a mistake I say. :prof:

Round one

I got a call from my dealer today and he wants a email stating how I was lead to believe the bike would have the compression and rebound on the shock and how disappointed I was to find the shock doesn’t have it.

Then he is going to send this to Husky USA and they will send it to Italy.

More when I know more.