Crazy Idle

Keep Trying To Adjust My Idle Screw So It Idle Steady But It Won't, It Is Not Super Bad But...

Riding Alltitude 2400 Feet To 4000

Dynojet Needle

Drilled Slide

165 Main (should I Use The 160 At My Altitude, Does Not Do Black Smoke Except On The Choke A Little)

55 Slow

Mix Screw 2¼ Out

White Bros E2

Drilled Side Panel (air Box) And Snokel Off.

But Still Waiting On My Smog Blok Off Kit...

What Should I Check.

Thanksa Bunch.

I would also re-check those cables, but also check your intake connections. Spray a bit of WD40 on the intake boot where it meets the carb, the boot to the motor, and around the exhaust flanges. If you have an air leak, the WD40 will temporarily plug it and return the idle to steady.

Keep Trying To Adjust My Idle Screw So It Idle Steady But It Won't, It Is Not Super Bad But...

Riding Alltitude 2400 Feet To 4000

Dynojet Needle

Drilled Slide

165 Main (should I Use The 160 At My Altitude, Does Not Do Black Smoke Except On The Choke A Little)

55 Slow

Mix Screw 2¼ Out

White Bros E2

Drilled Side Panel (air Box) And Snokel Off.

But Still Waiting On My Smog Blok Off Kit...

What Should I Check.

Thanksa Bunch.

If this is not due to an air leak, it sounds like your pilot jet may be too lean. 2.25 turns out on the fuel screw is getting a little rich, so this tells me the pilot jet may be a little small = lean. Your fuel screw setting directly impacts your idle screw setting, therefore the idle itself. In other words, they go hand in hand. The fuel screw needs to be tuned in.

Do you know the proper fuel screw tuning procedure?

I guess that's good for 'FCR' 450R/X type carbs & 'CV' stock 650L carbs.

Is the bike a 650L with a stock CV carb or a 600R?. That could make a difference in the effective/proper pilot adjustment tuning range.

He has a stock CV.

This procedure worked OK on my non-mx FCR41. It was definately different from the way my CV was tuned.

thanks martin, yes i do have a stock carb.

i just check the cables and the boot intake and outtake, i ll also do the fuel screw precedure after luch. the intake boot did look a little off at the buttom! but i did not start the bike just yet.

i ll let you guys know...