What's suppose to be in the DRZ battery ?

My battery has lasted 5 years but it finally died so I ordered an after market battery from a generic motor cycle shop. The battery is on back order. The parts guy told me I did not have to pre pay because they add the acid when they sell the battery. I'm still waiting for my battery so I decided to look inside the old one. I took 2 small screw drivers and slowly lifted off the covers. Gas released as the covers came off. There was condensation on the covers but there is no fluid in the battery. When I look inside the battery I see a white substance over the battery plates. Is there suppose to be fluid in the battery? If so can I add water to my old battery. If not I'm wondering if this battery on back order is a wet cell battery being the parts guy told me they add the acid after the battery is sold.

The batters for the DRZ are AGM, Absorbed Glass Mat. They are shipped dry, filled once, sealed, charged and sold. Or you get them in a "kit form" you fill, seal and charge it your self. Not hard,, but has to be done right or you ruin the battery. No you can not revive your old battery by filling it again.

The liquid acid solution is absorbed by the glass mat in the battery so there is very little to none liquid to pour out if you unseal it. Some AGM batteries have more free liquid than others. Some AGM batteries are factory serviced. But most replacements are field serviced by the selling dealer and have specific "into-service" servicing requirements that should be followed.

How much did they charge you for the generic one?

Its suppose to show up April 5. I ordered it from Capital Motorcycle in Cheyenne. They sell china bikes and have quite a selection of used bikes. I have not paid for it yet but they told me it was around $50. I guess I will give it a try being interstate battery wanted $130 for the YUSA.