Suzuki TS200RM Rebuild

Hello!

I'm rebuilding my Suzuki TS 200RM 1992'.

I've bought it in the terrible condition.

The power valve was inside the engine, with a half of piston.

All bearings were totally destroyed.

Only the rod was ok.

And how does she was looking? Terrible!

I've got only one photo, but you can see, how ugly was that.

There was so much things to do.

tskupnouh6.jpg

I started with the frame.

I've found the man, who did it for 20$.

After Painting:

ld258f498cec7ff08c08cadia9.jpg

lde8d9da6748c02d7a62d65jp1.jpg

Later i've done some little things like:

new bearings in rear suspension

polished swingarm

painted radiators

new bearings in wheels

Today i was composing it.

suzukibok1co3.jpg

suzukiprzodbokdo7.jpg

suzukitylbokyg3.jpg

Now i'm going to paint both sides of engine for black, buy some FatBar (probably bull).

I need a new chain and air filter also.

And sorry for my english :prof:

• Like 1

This is a cool project!, i've never heard of this model, but it really looks like a great project!

Is it really a 200cc 2 stroke?? And is it oil injection or pre-mix? I would not paint any part of the engine black, because when it gets a scratch, it'll show up really easy. And then it will look old.

Keep posting pictures, your english is good enough for me and the pictures are coming in loud and clear.

It's 195cc 2t.

There was oil injection, but i dont like it, so now i'm pre-mixing it.

It weights about 231lbs without gas and oil.

The front suspension is 41mm USD with compression and rebound regulation.

This small engine generate about

37 hp and about 3,1 kg-m.

It's really nice motorcycle :prof:

It's 195cc 2t.

There was oil injection, but i dont like it, so now i'm pre-mixing it.

It weights about 231lbs without gas and oil.

The front suspension is 41mm USD with compression and rebound regulation.

This small engine generate about

37 hp and about 3,1 kg-m.

It's really nice motorcycle :bonk:

Honestly, if I could buy one of these today, I would! This model as far as I know, was never sold in the US. But that looks like an RM125 frame so I'll have to do some homework and see if I can find out where that model was sold.

As far as getting rid of the oil injection, keep in mind that there's no performance increase in using pre-mix. Pre-mix is just simple and lighter than injection, that's why it's used in MX.

Keep posting pictures of your progress, I'm interested in seeing how it turns out! :prof:

It was mainly sold in japan as a dual sport model shares the same motor as the RG 125 and the rare RG 200 street bikes. Never sold in the states came out in '91 would of been an awesome RMX 200.

Hi!

Now, i'm looking for some graphics kit.

My side panels are in bad condition, but i can't buy new one.

The problem is, that i can't find any graphics kit.

Only on the photos..

http://www.bikepics.com/pictures/805335/

this one is great!

I've send an email to the owner. Maybe he'll repeat :prof:

If you know anything about some graphics kit, contact with me please! i'll be very thankful!

Hi!

Now, i'm looking for some graphics kit.

My side panels are in bad condition, but i can't buy new one.

The problem is, that i can't find any graphics kit.

Only on the photos..

http://www.bikepics.com/pictures/805335/

this one is great!

I've send an email to the owner. Maybe he'll repeat :prof:

If you know anything about some graphics kit, contact with me please! i'll be very thankful!

That's a nice graphics kit, but it you can't find one specific to your bike, then just adapt one that is close enough. And to me it looks like a kit made for a DRZ-125 or an RM-85 might be close enough.

I have a pair of derelict TS200R's that I just inherited from a friend who is leaving the country. They were imported to Canada, but not the U.S., is my understanding. I believe mine to be a '91, and a '92, but I can't be sure until the latest snow melts again. They were dual sports here, and have lights etc. No USD fork 'though.

I watching your progress with great interest. Not much info. around, that I can find.

Guy

I just found this post and I am very interested in any info that you find regarding the graphics and other aftermarkets supplies. I own a '91 TS200R aswell and really like the bike. The power valve also dropped in the cylinder (very common on this model) and grenated the topend. This happened to the previous owner who is a mechanical marvel IMO. He took a cylinder from a '96 Arctic Cat ZRT600 snowmobile engine (also built by Suzuki)......same bore and stroke but without a powervalve (the ZRT's didn't come with powervalves till later). With very little machining, the cylinder bolted right up!! What's nice about this is that the cylinder has much more aggressive porting than stock and a bigbore kit is also available for the cylinder which will bring it up to 230cc. Pistons, rings and topend gaskets are easy to get aswell .Sitting the cylinders side by side, you get to see the similarities very quickly Of course a pipe mod has to be done because of the larger exhaust port but if any of you are interested I'll post what was done (very suprising and simple mod). The bike obviously lacks the low end power because of no powervalve but by installing a Keihin PWK35mm carb (the stock 30mm is just to small for this cylinder) from a '89 KDX200, the bike revs very quick and pulls strong through the mid to the topend. This carb fit into the stock intake boot but just barely. I modified an airbox from a early '90's RM125 to fit in the frame for better breathing. The RM's airbox boot was also used to fit the bell on the new carb. I can post pics of the mods if anyone is interested. It sounds like alot of work but in reality, is was fairly simple and cost effective. I ran a newwer model DT200R through the gears several times and after 2nd gear, the TS was pulling away rather quickly. It has no problem running 130-135 kph and no doubt could pull more gearing. Most of the parts were purchased from Ebay at very reasonable cost. I post this info for the simple reason that there is lack of any info on these bikes and parts supply seems to be lacking in some areas.

I'm looking forward to seeing the progression of your bike....KEEP US POSTED WITH YOUR UPDATES!!:eek:

• Helpful 1

Go ahead and post the pic's!

I'm very interested in this bike, almost to the point of wanting to cross the border and find one! Are there any salvage yards that you know of on your side of the boarder from either Sault Ste Marie or Port Huron?

I'll post some pics when the weather permits!:eek:

harv,

How's the weather these days? Spring finally arrived this weekend here. Any pics for us, who are interested?

Thanks,

Guy

I apologize for taking so long. The weather cleared somewhat so me and the boys went for a weekend excursion with the bikes:ride: . Unfortunately, mother nature rained on our parade, so we went home wet and cold. I will post some pics by the end of the week forsure.

Once again fellas, sorry for taking so long to post the pics. Also, I'm sorry if it seems I'm highjacking the thread but any info regarding these bike can be a big help for those who are rebuilding or purchasing one of them.

Here is the pic of my bike.

000_0005.jpg

ZRT 600 cylinder:

000_0001.jpg

Keihin PWK 35mm carb - stock form a '89 KDX200:

DSCF0126.jpg

Pipe is from a 2000(??) CR250. Unbelievable how it lined up! Very little work had to be done.

000_0007.jpg

Silencer from same CR250 - put a bit of a down pipe on it to quiet things up some...still to loud!

000_0008.jpg

1992 RM125 airbox and boot - this box and boot dworfs the stock unit!!

DSCF0127.jpg

I wish I had a chance to clean the bike up before I took the pics but I did promise to post them by the end of the week and today is Friday!!👍

.... Also, I'm sorry if it seems I'm highjacking the thread but any info regarding these bike can be a big help for those who are rebuilding or purchasing one of them. ...

Harv, don't worry about feeling like you've hi-jacked this thread. MaksH has done a fantastic job on his bike so far. And I'm sure that he's not only learning from those of you that have one, but he's also making the rest of us proud and envious of his bike! And without his post, I never even would have known about this model.

So Harv, how well does your bike run with that different cylinder, carb and pipe? Personally, I'm thinking that finding an engine like that and stuffing it into an early '90's RM250 frame would produce a pretty cool machine.

Harv, don't worry about feeling like you've hi-jacked this thread. MaksH has done a fantastic job on his bike so far. And I'm sure that he's not only learning from those of you that have one, but he's also making the rest of us proud and envious of his bike! And without his post, I never even would have known about this model.

So Harv, how well does your bike run with that different cylinder, carb and pipe? Personally, I'm thinking that finding an engine like that and stuffing it into an early '90's RM250 frame would produce a pretty cool machine.

That would be sweet. I would like to put the 200 motor in my 2001 rm 250. I wish that suzuki would bring back the cool stuff such as the ts. A wide ratio 200 enduro motor would be the tits with the newer USD forks and the good brakes, not to mention the flawless handling of the late model RMs.

Keep posting pics I am totaly intrigued with this bike.

Once again fellas, sorry for taking so long to post the pics. Also, I'm sorry if it seems I'm highjacking the thread but any info regarding these bike can be a big help for those who are rebuilding or purchasing one of them.

That's a sweet ride, Harv! Like a street-legal RMX. I wouldn't mind having one.

Thanks guys! As for how the bike runs with this set up, it's not as horny as a RM250 although it will pull 80-90mph (speedo). It will easily pull the tach needle into the red in top gear leaving the impression that it wants taller gearing. I ride 50/50 dirt/street so I run 14/45 gearing for the figures above. The biggest difference I seen with this swap was installing the 35mm carb and the RM125 airbox. Using the stock 30mm carb made the power come on later and end earlier, flattening out @ 9000rpm. The ZRT cylinder uses a 36mm carb on the snowmobile itself so I felt confident that the Keihin PWK 35mm would do the trick. Power comes on a tad sooner than with the 30mm carb but pulls alot harder all the way up to 11,000rpm. The sweet spot seems to be between 7500 - 10000rpm...........there the bike seems to be at home. The pipe works well with this configuration but a more experienced tuner may have a better recommendation. As for a side by side comparison, as I mention earlier, this bike will out run a stock, newwer version ('89 and up) DT200R without a problem and obviously it should. I also ran my nephews '02 DRZ400S with hotcams, airbox mods, etc and to my suprise, the little TSR stayed right beside it through the gears until topend and even then, I was right on his tail. This was done on hard pack. When things get loose, the DRZ shows its tractablilty and torque. All in all, I am very happy the way it all turned out. If you're a tinkerer and don't mind spending time adapting, fabricating, etc odds and ends, it's worth it. It's not just a bolt on and go mod. The benefit to me is 1) power increase 2) more power can be had (bigbore kit) 3) topend parts availability. Here are a few picks of the topend differences.

Stock TSR cyl on left / ZRT cyl on right - Exhaust ports:

April26pics024.jpg

Transfer ports:

April26pics025.jpg

Bigbore piston on left - stock on right

April26pics023.jpg

I picked up a damaged ZRT jug(the one in the pic) to use for the bigbore sleeve. Looking forward to that!!!

I'd also like to find the MX style rear fender. I've seen them in pics before but not sure where to get one..........anyone have any ideas?