1974 TS185 questions.

Hi all,

Thanks in advance for your replies. I picked up a 1974 ts 185 a few weeks ago, and it was a mess. (3000 mi.) I ordered some parts and repaired it to a running state. I also have a manual on the way, but it will be a few weeks.

I have a few questions for the people who know:

1 System voltage?

2 Oil pump adjustment?

3 Kill switch wiring?

4 Spark arrester? (Hopefully this bike will be used on USFS roads.)

Thank you,

Scott:ride:

I owned one---first dirt bike.

It had a 6V electrical system. The oil injector system was not adjustable--but I may be wrong. The spark arestor was the turbine type in the tip of the exhaust pipe. It the end cap on the muffler has a slanted oval opening, it is there.

6v,

Adjust the pump by aligning the mark on the pump arm with the mark on the pump body while the mark on the carb slide is at the top of the venturi.

Kill switch should be on the handlebar, normally open.

Stock pipes make power and have a spark arrestor, bassani made some hi/po parts which may not be USFS legal, stoock pipes have chrome heat shield and half oval opening at stinger, should be marked USFS.

Heres my fiance's 74.

DSCN2520.jpg

I couldnt believe how much is still available from suzuki for this bike.

Heres a tip, the fiber clutch plates are the same as the current RM85! She works at a suzuki shop and the part # crossed.

Thanks for the replies. This will be my wife's bike also, or a buddy bike. Maybe this bike is a 1975 model as it was manufactured 12/74.

I see the marks on the oil pump, but no mark on the slide. Are there two different models of carb? I adjusted to the marks at WFO.

There is no spark arrester on it, I guess I will try to order one based on the size of the exaust tip. (stock exaust)

I rode it around a little in my driveway last night and it reminds of my bikes when I was a kid. It needs work. Clutch cable is not stock and will not disengege the clutch so I had to roll it to put it in gear. It actually runs pretty good once it gets going.

Thanks for the tip on the clutch part #.?

Scott