Sign in to follow this  

2008 Ktm 690 Smc; Best Photo's Yet!

Go To Bikez.com Select 2008 Models And Scroll Down To The Ktm 690 Smc. Very Detailed Photos Of The Bike Without It's Plastic Bodywork And Close Ups Of Several Key Components. Alot Of Interest In This Bike And The Photos Are Awesome.

Can Anyone Attach The Photos Here? I Don't Know How To Do It.

How About That Fuel Tank, Rather, "fuel Cell!" Or That "girder" Of A Frame. This Bike Is Unlike Any Other And Incorporates Technology That We Have Not Seen In A Production Motorcycle Before. Very Cool Stuff. As A Bonus, The Triple Clamps Appear To Be Billet To Me!! Ktm Is Offering Top Quality Stuff Here, Now Only If I Could Swing It Some How!!!

Can Anyone Attach The Photos Here? I Don't Know How To Do It.

How About That Fuel Tank, Rather, "fuel Cell!" Or That "girder" Of A Frame. This Bike Is Unlike Any Other And Incorporates Technology That We Have Not Seen In A Production Motorcycle Before. Very Cool Stuff. As A Bonus, The Triple Clamps Appear To Be Billet To Me!! Ktm Is Offering Top Quality Stuff Here, Now Only If I Could Swing It Some How!!!

Just had a look at mine and the standard triple clamps are not billet. However, some nice anodised billet items are available from ktm.

http://ktm.com/index.php?id=248&powerpartID=20082259&isotype=0

Those are MX offset triples. 22 degrees is way too much for SM. I'm not sure what the stock offset is but the bike won't turn very quick with those.

All I know is that they are in the KTM powerparts catalogue for the 690 SMC.

They will fit the 690 because they will fit all 48mm WP forks. They just won't turn real quick. Normal Supermoto offset is 14-18mm, sometimes even less.

They will fit the 690 because they will fit all 48mm WP forks. They just won't turn real quick. Normal Supermoto offset is 14-18mm, sometimes even less.

Fair enough. I wonder what the standard offset is on these? I've googled but can't find an answer