Sign in to follow this  

Any way to get pics of me riding off copyrighted page?

There are some sweet pics of me but I cant right click and copy them,any of you guys know how to do so?

You can do a "print screen", then go into photoshop, crop out what you don't want, then edit the picture and get the text out of there. OR you could just spend $10 and get an amazing picture of yourself that someone went out and took on their own time as their profession.

• Like 1

That's why they're copyrighted man. So people can't steal someone else's work who is trying to make a living selling them. Believe it or not, some people take pictures for a living.

If you want the pic, pay the $10. Or, have your mom take some pics next race:excuseme:

OR you could just spend $10 and get an amazing picture of yourself that someone went out and took on their own time as their profession.

:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Those pics belong to someone else so if you really want them, you'll have to pay for them. $10/pic is cheap.

I was wanting to know guys,I see people with pics from sites all the time and thought that they would be copyrighted as well,I see where you guys are coming from but hold the hostility please,Im no theif and a good guy I just went to thumper talk to get some advice is all.:thumbsup:

I was wanting to know guys,I see people with pics from sites all the time and thought that they would be copyrighted as well,I see where you guys are coming from but hold the hostility please,Im no theif and a good guy I just went to thumper talk to get some advice is all.:thumbsup:

Understood. It's a hard call sometimes when it comes to 'public domain'...I'm sure there are some legal types that can define it for you, but it's different depending where you are, and what perspective you are coming from. It seems that this photographer has gone to some extent to protect his hard earned effort (try it sometime if ya don't trust me) by dis-allowing a "right-click save as". I think as another posting said, if you pay the $10, you'll get a much higher quality photo of your liking. Build a rapport with a photographer, and they can build some great memories for you to share, for the rest of your life. :thumbsup::confused:

Just my $.02 :ride:

The ones around here atleast, keep track of those that actually buy the pics. Then people wonder why all the awesome shots of are the same riders.... :confused:

My advice, buy the pics and support those that are there for you. Otherwise, you'd be on the other end complaining how there aren't any photographers to begin with. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

I got curious about this because I will need to copyright some stuff soon. Couple things I found. Remember this is from the web so it is 100% accurate and correct.

Just contact the photographer. If it is you in the picture he may be willing to give you a copy if it is just for personal use rather than sell it to you. Never hurts to ask.

Just remember to keep your eyes open for your picture on a Mountain Dew box or something.

FAIR USE - Fair use is a limitation on the exclusive rights of the copyright owner; in other words, it allows reasonable public access to copyrighted works.

The idea is an important part of the English common-law tradition.

Why does FAIR USE exist?

FAIR USE allows people to use images and written works without compensating the original writer/creator, as long as they act in good faith and do not profit from reproducing the work. Education, parody, criticism, news reporting, etc are all examples of fair use.

The idea of FAIR USE has guided the use of reproductions of works for years. In most cases, the lack of commercial gain is necessary for a claim of fair use. If you are a non-profit website designed for educational purposes, you are in the perfect position to claim FAIR USE of images which are already in the PUBLIC DOMAIN.

Images of People

The most common problem you will run into is a photo with people in it. If you are using their images for editorial purposes, it's usually okay to use them without permission.

If you are using photos with people in them for advertising, you need their permission. People have a right to profit, and exclude someone else from profiting on their photograph or likeness. This right continues after their death and is given to their heirs.

This is what I would do. But I would never do this if it were copywrited.....

Clear internet explorer cache of temporary internet files. Open the page, open the folder containing the temporary internet files. Sort by size. Find the picture copy it to another directory.

I don't see anybody calling you a thief but sometimes there is a grey line that people don't mind crossing when they shouldn't. One time my roommate had a flat tire on her bike so she went to WalMart and bought a tire pump, brought it home, used it, then took it back for a refund. She couldn't understand why that made me mad, but in my book that's stealing. WalMart is not a rental shop. People tend to think that if they rip off a business it's no big deal and nobody gets hurt. That's wrong, somebody always has to pay the bill in the end, whether that be other customers or the owner, somebody pays.