Thinking about going to El Mirage this weekend

They don't get any help from other OHV funds and it was getting to the point with all the idiots trashing the place they were talking closing it. The fees are to help buy a water truck:thumbsup: , finish the fence:thumbsdn: , and some other maint items.

They are still not charging as of last week. It an OK place if you stay away from the idiots in the lake. Take the north side of the lake to the west end, there are trails out at the end that make a big loop. even on the weekends there are not many people out in the hills. They all seem to hang around camp and act like the said Idiots. I would go but I can't ride this week end, must work on the house. Have fun be safe. Gary

I grew up going to El Mirage after they shut down Oak Hills. It is just too depressing to go to El Mirage now for me. JV is not that much farther and less idiots. I knew a guy that was killed on the lake being an idiot, 80+mph in a truck, couldn't see in a dust storm and hit a ditch. Thank god it was only him and not a family of 5 out on a Sunday ride.

They don't get any help from other OHV funds and it was getting to the point with all the idiots trashing the place they were talking closing it. The fees are to help buy a water truck:thumbsup: , finish the fence:thumbsdn: , and some other maint items.

Don't be suprized if they never see the money. Ca likes to charge for stuff with promises then use the money for something else.

Don't be suprized if they never see the money. Ca likes to charge for stuff with promises then use the money for something else.

The City of El Mirage is running the fee collection, but I agree the money could go elsewhere when it comes right down to spending it after they got it.

Did any of you guys actually answer his post? He wasn't asking the merit of riding at El Mirage, just if anyone actually wanted to go?

RANT HERE:

I swear I have recently gotten back into to dirt bike riding in the last year or so....dirt bike riders are the whiniest group of guys anywhere. "no I don't want to ride there, its too hoot, its too cold, its too dusty, there are too many people my bike isnt ready"........you guys are pretty elitist. Just ride. I heard everything about how crappy el mirage is.....you know what....its not, its fun, really fun. It is a chellengin as you want to make it. There are tons of trails and really challengin riding there. And there is some easy stuff too. It is not that crowded and it is a nice place to go. I will give you the lake itself can get hazardous, but just be aware and be careful. When I go there I ride challengin stuff in the desert around the lake. We have GOOD RIDING IN SOUTHERN CALIFORNIA AND PLENTY OF IT!!!!!! Stop bitching, put on you man pants and ride.

The guy is just looking for people to ride with and it turns in a damn rant on where he suggests to ride. Its hard enough to find a good group to ride with.... we all act like we are this community of riders and to me it seems like we are pretty close mined about riding with new or different riders.

Damn...it is friday

Did any of you guys actually answer his post? He wasn't asking the merit of riding at El Mirage, just if anyone actually wanted to go?

RANT HERE:

I swear I have recently gotten back into to dirt bike riding in the last year or so....dirt bike riders are the whiniest group of guys anywhere. "no I don't want to ride there, its too hoot, its too cold, its too dusty, there are too many people my bike isnt ready"........you guys are pretty elitist. Just ride. I heard everything about how crappy el mirage is.....you know what....its not, its fun, really fun. It is a chellengin as you want to make it. There are tons of trails and really challengin riding there. And there is some easy stuff too. It is not that crowded and it is a nice place to go. I will give you the lake itself can get hazardous, but just be aware and be careful. When I go there I ride challengin stuff in the desert around the lake. We have GOOD RIDING IN SOUTHERN CALIFORNIA AND PLENTY OF IT!!!!!! Stop bitching, put on you man pants and ride.

The guy is just looking for people to ride with and it turns in a damn rant on where he suggests to ride. Its hard enough to find a good group to ride with.... we all act like we are this community of riders and to me it seems like we are pretty close mined about riding with new or different riders.

Damn...it is friday

They are still not charging as of last week. It an OK place if you stay away from the idiots in the lake. Take the north side of the lake to the west end, there are trails out at the end that make a big loop. even on the weekends there are not many people out in the hills. They all seem to hang around camp and act like the said Idiots. I would go but I can't ride this week end, must work on the house. Have fun be safe. Gary

Who pissed in your corn flakes today? :confused: Maybe you should not direct it at the whole crowd Piss-ant. As you can see some of us gave good reports but can't go. You directed this at everyone when you said, "Did any of you guys actually answer his post? He wasn't asking the merit of riding at El Mirage, just if anyone actually wanted to go?" I gave him info, as of last weekend (Sunday) no fee, I also explained the good riding there that I do. It's the idiots on the lake bed to look out for. mvryder, Do yourself a favor and have a cold beer, and calm down. Look at it this way, "opinions are like A$$ holes' everyone has one.? So I take it you are going riding with the thred starter or just causing trouble. Oh, By the way,?

Yah, I love you man...

• Like 1

RANT HERE:

Damn...it is friday

So how exactly are you answering his question Dad? Couldn’t really tell if you’re agreeing to meet him out there and ride, or if you’re just adding your whine to the “whiniest group of guys anywhere.”

And by the way, It’s too hot in El Mirage to ride this weekend, and all the riding in So. Cal sucks… I’m gonna stay home instead, and get my bike ready for fall.