Sign in to follow this  

What type of riding do you do? Poll!!

I love to ride my Pitster 125X but its time to get something up to date. I ride a WR so trails are my main terrian usally tuff ones. I have a track to but love GNCC stuff. My pit bike kinda sucks in the CC stuff so my new bike needs to be more enduro. What do yall think? I have been lookin at the X4 but i just dont know how its going to do in the ruff stuff. I dont expect a full on trail bike out of a mini but a little more trail worthness would be great. I want to know what yall ride on cause i think the top pit companys need to know where the market is and a mini WR or CRFx would be a nasty little machine!! The categories are as follows: Motocross, Supercross, Supermoto, Trail riding, and Dualsport. Please respond with the type of ridin you do both on your full size and mini. Thanks :thumbsup:

I ride it all except dualsport as far as minis are concerned. I think a dual sport mini is a death trap waiting to happen. I have no doubt it would be fun, until the guy in the H2 on the cell phone doesn't see you and then splat. For what it seems that you want to do, I'd go with a midsize if it were me. In rough stuff the little 10" bikes get swallowed up pretty quick. That being said, if I don't bottom out and I can keep the front end planted I haven't had anything my 10" bike wouldn't go up yet.

I ride Pit Bike:

Motocross:

DSC02288.jpg

image004.jpg

2007_0930ct070099.jpg

Supercross

MotoTownPits.jpg

Picture037.jpg

DSC01672.jpg

Motard street

NH039.jpg

NH083.jpg

NH072-1.jpg

IMG_0164.jpg

Woods and trail riding

DSC00357.jpg

DSC01726.jpg

DSC00599.jpg

DSC01771.jpg

We have it all up here in the Northeast

wow awesome pictures. What size bike is that? cr85?

#121 is a 2007 CR85

#122 is a 2006 KX65

well guys do yall see a need for a more trail worth bike? A little more rake, a slightly longer WB, a light, softer ride, softer seat, maybe even a button or an auto clutch option even. There all ideas i would love to see in a mini and i think pit bike companys need to produce them? maybe? All i really want is a slightly longer WB and a little more rake all the rest would be a luxury. yall voice your opionions! 75% of TTer's ride trails so im thinkin it makes since. When answering the poll put what u do most.

May want to contact NCC on a more trail worthy bike. I know he is making a Pitster x4x(his version) in a 17/14 wheel combo with lights, speedo, little longer swing arm and a little different clamp setup for these mods. Should be pretty sweet and I heard he will be delivering a couple of these made up bikes to a person on this forum. Emailed one of the guys this week and he said he was hoping to have the bike in his hand end of this week and will post videos and pictures on it when he gets it.:thumbsup:

I got a 10/10 setup, I ride mainly mountain bike trails. It's perfect, there's no ruts and they're generally pretty tight, great for minis. I also ride on the street, flat track racin in parking lots with knobbies!

I've taken my OGM SX150 pro trail riding and it did great. If you are going to be trying to cross 20" logs, you will have a tougher time on any pit bike compared to a WR, but the midsize bikes do pretty well.

Mini Road Racing..........

DSC_8264resize.jpg

P1000685resize.jpg

How is it minimotarding? My new set of motard wheels are due to arrive in a day or two and i want to try that so bad.

How is it minimotarding? My new set of motard wheels are due to arrive in a day or two and i want to try that so bad.
Asphalt is all I know. I raced superbikes for years, races a 450 SMR on asphalt for years, and have raced almost any mini on asphalt. I love road racing. I am going to ease in to a little Mini MX. I have a flat track and a TT track but don't really like jumping anything. One of the TT sponsors sold me a little toy to try it out on. I will post pics when I get it. I have a KLX110 that I just about broke trying out Mini MXing........

DSCN1056_resize.jpg

May want to contact NCC on a more trail worthy bike. I know he is making a Pitster x4x(his version) in a 17/14 wheel combo with lights, speedo, little longer swing arm and a little different clamp setup for these mods. Should be pretty sweet and I heard he will be delivering a couple of these made up bikes to a person on this forum. Emailed one of the guys this week and he said he was hoping to have the bike in his hand end of this week and will post videos and pictures on it when he gets it.:thumbsup:

NCC is building these bikes right now for me and a buddy of mine. If all things go well we are expecting the bikes very soon (hey NCC, no pressure!). We ride mostly mtb style trails. However, the trails I ride lead to some very large booters. Jumping will be done at every opportunity. So I think I'm going to classify this new bike as a "Freeride Dirt Bike" or "FDB". I know that the 14/12" wheels on my X2R are less than ideal on most trails. This new bike should fit quite nicely.

trail01.jpg

trail02.jpg

trail03.jpg

trail04.jpg

I've got a Xmoto XB 31 250 a very nice and nimble trail bike with 19'' 16'' wheels set up and despite the actual engine capacity only 223cc it rips due to low weight and gearing. I do mostly woods riding and it's got to be very tight and rough:ride: and this bike does the job well.

It did some serious hill climbs and couldn't believe how well it performed.:thumbsup:

The only noticeable limitation are stock tires especially in deep mud or sand.

jax140.blogspot.com

After I bought a Chinese no name 110 pit bike for my son I fell in love with pit bikes even though that particular one is cheap quality,badly suspended and down on power.Pit bikes are so much fun.:thumbsup:

We do lots of woods trails and the pit bike with its 14'' 12'' wheels is not bad but

I am sure it could do with bigger ones and the riding position is a bit cramped when standing so a slightly bigger bike would be ideal for the sort of riding we do. And I found the ideal bike with 17'' 14'' wheels and 140 Lifan engine start in gear! Check out this beauty:) jax140.blogspot.com

Does anyone have this bike? If yes what's it like, is it as good as it looks?

For more pics and spec try this link http://www.fastbuggies.co.uk/acatalog/motoxbikes.html

I mainly trail ride my Piranha 140,it has 12"/12" wheels & the 140 is enough for even the big hills.Wheelbase length is an issue trail riding any mini if you're looking at serious trail riding,on a CRF50 sized mini it's also ground clearence & motor size you need to worry about.

I think if you got a mid-sized with at least a 12"/12" wheel combo or larger & at least a 125 or larger motor you'd be fine,my Piranha came stock with a Lifan 125 but the chain popped off & smashed the case + it broke off 2 tranny teeth.:thumbsup:

Now I have an OGM 140 in it & the thing is insane on the trails,only prob is the trails near me are way too tight tree wise,in most cases it's like riding down your homes hallways but with rocks/roots/ruts/creeks/hills & the occasional hairpin turn.:thumbsup:

If I only had a helmet-cam,you guys would freak.:confused:

Nothing beats a good woods ride to me, but that's what I grew up with. I never saw a track till I was 18. Markuarulius, that is some breathtaking scenery and it makes me jealous even though I too have some awesome mountains all around me. When I was into mountain biking I always wanted to make a road trip to BC.

Nothing beats a good woods ride to me, but that's what I grew up with. I never saw a track till I was 18. Markuarulius, that is some breathtaking scenery and it makes me jealous even though I too have some awesome mountains all around me. When I was into mountain biking I always wanted to make a road trip to BC.

Hey, I wish you could have made it to wideopen today. The track was great and the rain held off until the afternoon.

I have definitely lost my huevos here since my crash a few weeks ago. There were some doubles that the guys I met up with were doing that I just didn't have the nerve to do just yet. The OGM with the 165 kit was ripping it up though even though the rider was the limiting factor.

Hey, I wish you could have made it to wideopen today. The track was great and the rain held off until the afternoon.

I have definitely lost my huevos here since my crash a few weeks ago. There were some doubles that the guys I met up with were doing that I just didn't have the nerve to do just yet. The OGM with the 165 kit was ripping it up though even though the rider was the limiting factor.

Yeah Eric, I wish I could have made it out there too, I just had other obligations. I also have some sort of family stuff going on through Memorial day, but after that it's meeting up for group rides :thumbsup: . Oh well, to make up for all the lost group rides I bought myself a new toy yesterday. Gotta go pick it up on Tuesday and I'll post up some pics.