Sign in to follow this  

Street track CLASS!

WHOO-HOO, I know we've got some street riders here, thought you'd appreciate a ride report... :ride:

It was AWESOME!

We stayed about 15 minutes away in a town called Mojave, rolled in Sunday around 4ish, unloaded the bikes, went for a quick ride to check out the track. It was WINDY! I was a little nervous that it would be that windy today!

So, yesterday we got to the track at 7:30, and the weather was PERFECT, a little chilly, but NO WIND, and sunny!

We did sign-in and tech inspection. That right there nearly ended my day, I didn't realize my chain was overly tight... I had JUST had the tires mounted, balanced and installed last weekend, you would THINK the mechanic wouldn't have sent it out the door like that... of course, I SHOULD have checked it, but it didn't even occur to me to look, I was too busy changing oil, flushing the coolant, installing my new frame sliders, etc... my bad! Anyway, even without a single sided swing-arm stand (I need to get one of those, and SOON) my friend Ray was able to help me with that on the fly, so we were good to go! ("I get by with a little help from my friends"... That was nearly a panic moment!)

First they led us around the track, showing us lines, letting us get used to it, etc... that was nice, a good warm up! Then we did 20 minutes on, 20 minutes class time, alternating A (faster) and B (slower) groups. I was just happy that there were a couple of people on the track slower than I was! I did manage to reduce my chicken-strips to nearly non-existent, thought! :thumbsup:

And, most importantly, I learned a LOT of things I'll be working on incorporating into my riding habits... proper down-shifting was the biggest, then rolling off the throttle smoothly instead of 'chopping' it off... stuff like that.

All in all, a GREAT way to spend a day, and money well spent! I got to know Speedy (my Speed Triple) much better than I had in the previous four weeks, and regained a lot of confidence that I had lost since the crash last fall. :thumbsup:

My friend had a bummer end to the day, though... :confused: low-sided in the very last session. He was really pushing it, and having fun, they even kicked him up from the B group to the A group at lunch, and I'm betting that made him push it even more, for his first track day... I had a feeling he was going to go down! But, no big harm done, he was ok, but the side of his Ducati was trashed. Looks like just the faring, though.

They had a photographer there taking pics all day... in a day or two they should be ready, so I'll post pics when I get 'em! They even had pics of my friend's crash!

That is awesome:applause: I cant wait to see pics. How many other women out there? That wind is almost a given in that area.

That is awesome:applause: I cant wait to see pics. How many other women out there? That wind is almost a given in that area.

Two other women... one was with her hubby, riding a sport/touring type bike, and I was impressed at the speeds she could get with that thing! The other was with her two sons, on a neat little Ducati Monster. They were a little nervous... I think it helped me that I had ridden MX so much, wasn't really nervous at all. It was fun! So I tried to help them relax, and gave 'em a wide berth when passing! :thumbsup:

Track days are really fun and valuable - can't wait to see your pics! I did one a few years ago, marshmellowed my tires clean out to the edge. I normally have about a half inch chicken strip... :' 0

Pics are in!!

Nothing terribly exciting... I swear, it FEELS like I'm getting more over than that! :thumbsup: But sure is neat to see how much tire I really have left!

thumb4.jpg

thumb49.jpg

thumb51.jpg

thumb28-1.jpg

NICE L2F!!!!

Pictures always ruin your high!!! :thumbsup: You look great out there though! My R6 is still under her cover. It seems like street riding here is never going to happen.....

I am so glad you had a wonderful experience. Track days are wonderful. You get to push yourself and your bike in a safe environment. It's awesome to seee what you can do.

Those are great pics and you look really good:applause:

I did my first track day last Friday. I thought I was leaning so much lower then I was. It is so funny how in your head you feel like you are leaning further or jumping higher, then you see the pics and it is ***? Yours are good and your form looks great.

Since there was only a few of us ALL DAY at the track I decided to jump on the track in front of Mister Motard Racer near the finish line and hold both hands up as if I won the race and had a friend snap a picture LOL

Later he walked over and laughed, knowing exactly the shot I was trying to get. I said "hey, it is the closest I'll ever get to winning a race on a track! He and I went a few rounds where he was ON ME and it was PRESSURE but at the same time good for me and kind of fun too! Then he got in front and told me to follow his line. I need to upload my two pics but after seeing yours I dont think I want to LOL

Do you have plans for another track day soon? Have you done Laguna or Infinion? Boy....Laguna would be soooo great to ride.

We are planning to do some track day out here.:thumbsup: But we haven't figured out which one to go to out here. There's like 3 or 4 to choose from and ranging in bike set-ups too. :thumbsup:

Did you have to saftey wire any bolts on your bike????

Those are great pics and you look really good:applause:

I did my first track day last Friday. I thought I was leaning so much lower then I was. It is so funny how in your head you feel like you are leaning further or jumping higher, then you see the pics and it is ***? Yours are good and your form looks great.

Since there was only a few of us ALL DAY at the track I decided to jump on the track in front of Mister Motard Racer near the finish line and hold both hands up as if I won the race and had a friend snap a picture LOL

Later he walked over and laughed, knowing exactly the shot I was trying to get. I said "hey, it is the closest I'll ever get to winning a race on a track! He and I went a few rounds where he was ON ME and it was PRESSURE but at the same time good for me and kind of fun too! Then he got in front and told me to follow his line. I need to upload my two pics but after seeing yours I dont think I want to LOL

Do you have plans for another track day soon? Have you done Laguna or Infinion? Boy....Laguna would be soooo great to ride.

Oh we are getting close on the Graphics for my bike:thumbsup: I will get them posted as soon as he gets the art work finished:applause: