PJ1 Black Label. Messy

I picked up a can of PJ1 black label chain lube a couple of weeks ago (been using the blue label) and damn is it messy!!!!! It gums up EVERYTHING! swing arm, chain guard/guide, under/around shifter, fender, shock spring, I mean everything!! I have to spend a hour after every ride pulling the swing arm and everything just to get it clean. It lubes the chain better than anything else I've used but its not worth the clean up. I will never put this stuff on my bike again:thumbsdn:

I had the same prob with that stuff....I typically buy the clear chain lube, that way if it does fling and get everywhere, at least I don't see it.

I had the same prob with that stuff....I typically buy the clear chain lube, that way if it does fling and get everywhere, at least I don't see it.

i would rather be able to see the mess so i can clean it up before it gunks things up and prevent them from working 100%

I almost picked up a black label by mistake. thanks 4 the info

I use a chain lube that is also very messy, but it works great. I put it on, warm up the chain with a short ride and wipe off the excess with a paper towel soaked in WD-40. No biggie.

You ought to give the Motul chain lube a shot.:thumbsup: No sling, and is one of the best lubricants I have used so far.