Sign in to follow this  

Tripples for KDX fork conversion

I bought a set of nearly new KX forks. Thought they were 250 forks of he 99-02 Era. I just noticed they must be 125 forks of the same period. So the 2002 KX250 tripples I got are a bit large. Been putting off the fork conversion as I ride the KDX so much here in the desert. Had it out about 20 times since December. Looking forward to a better handling front end.

Anyone have a set of KX125 tripples? for a 99-02? Guess I will be selling these 250 tripples. Which are in mint condition too. Was a find for what I paid.

On a side note the RB carb is bitchin. Thinking of sending the head in now for mods. Bike has the FMF gnarly. Time to pull out a few dings in it.

People I ride with laugh at the lonely old KDX. While on their pristine new KTM 450's, 505, 525, 530's. 200's and 300's. Like I ride an antique. I laugh when I climb stuff they get stuck on. Navigate up waterfalls, killer single track and rocky terrain. Hard to beat a two stroke in a lot of conditions.

Guess I will be riding the KX250 now that the KDX is apart on the stand. :thumbsup:

Your user name is blasphemy! :thumbsup:

2002 clamps fit only 2002 forks. 1999 - 2001 forks use the same clamps. The diameter of the fork tubes where the clamps actually clamp is a different dimension.

I have some extra 99 - 01 clamps if you might be interested in a trade. E-mail me at administrator at kdxgarage dot com, if you are.

Thanks.

Forks on my 01 KX250 are 46mm, the forks I got for the KDX are 46mm, the KX tripples I got for the KDX are larger. Kawasaki though. 02 and up is the guess?

Forks on my 01 KX250 are 46mm, the forks I got for the KDX are 46mm, the KX tripples I got for the KDX are larger. Kawasaki though. 02 and up is the guess?

yes :thumbsup:

*EDIT*

apparently '02 forks are 48mm, but the clamps are unique

Quoted by kdxgarage/// That is the reference number, not the part number.

2002 and 2003-newer clamps are not the same. If you have 2002 forks, get 2002 clamps.

The tubes clamp the outer tube, not the inner tube, so don't be confused on inner tube diameter (where the clamps don't mount).

The forks clamping areas are 55mm and 59 mm. The clamps measure ever so slightly larger. When putting the top clamp on the fork and tightening the pinch bolt its almost bottomed out and fork is not tight.

The forks are identical to my 01 kx250. Obviously the clamps are slightly different sizewise.