Why does the DR650 cost less than a DRZ400S?

I am curious. The MSRP of the DR650SE is a good grand LESS than the DRZ400S. Why?

Bold New Graphics?

Hey, check out that air cooled motor in the 650, bet it hasn't been updated in 20 years

Tarmac is right. The 650's engine is air cooled and hasn't been updated for a long time. The 400 also comes with a better suspension and is just a more modern bike all around.

Model T Vs the modern Taurus.

the drz is 10 year old technology.the dr650 is 25 year old technology.

the drz is 10 year old technology.the dr650 is 25 year old technology.

So, the DR650 is like the Harley of dual-sports?

no,thats 100 year old technology.

no,thats 100 year old technology.

ouch......guess i won't ask ya how the motors in the buell's perform? :thumbsup:

Ah, Buells are AWESOME! Throw a leg over one sometime.

TORQUE........goooood !

OTG

ouch......guess i won't ask ya how the motors in the buell's perform? :thumbsup:

ok for what they are.

any stock current 600 will suck its grips off.

Well, I THINK that the 1125R will beat the 600s. Ok, I HOPE that it will. I also hope that they make a 800cc version of that motor and stick it in the City-X. Then, maybe I'd get a Buell.

Sorry, back to the real thread...

Ever see a Buell finish in the top 10 of a race? There is a reason.

The Buell was supposed to be Harley's answer to the japanese superbike...but it just never attained the mark.

I like some of the Buell styling...but now we are talking looks and attitude over performance again...(typical Harley).

Well, I THINK that the 1125R will beat the 600s.

The engine of the 1125 is not a designed and built by Harley, but Rotax :thumbsup:

Ever see a Buell finish in the top 10 of a race? There is a reason.

The Buell was supposed to be Harley's answer to the japanese superbike...but it just never attained the mark.

I like some of the Buell styling...but now we are talking looks and attitude over performance again...(typical Harley).

Uhmm.. Yes, yes I have. They put one on the box in Moto-ST

http://www.buell.com/en_us/news_events/newsdetail.asp?news_id=1384

I'll get you a spatula to help get the egg off your face.

I do believe they are talking about putting the 1125 into SBK or maybe AMA if they let in 1200cc twins.

lol,against other twins.

cant wait to see them against the superbikes.

im sure yoshimura is shaking as we speak.

if the buell is your cup of tea,thats fine.but rest assured a bone stock gsxr 1000 will make one look like its in reverse.

if the buell is your cup of tea,thats fine.but rest assured a bone stock gsxr 1000 will make one look like its in reverse.

At the drag strip. Tempting the Dragon, maybe not....

Buell doesn't really try to beat the Japanese (or British :thumbsup:) sport bikes head-on. They're trying to build the ultimate twisties bike. The big-bore narrow-angle V-twins give them a high-torque, low CoG, compact engine, which lets them build bikes with very short wheel-bases. Basically, all of the features you want in a bike on a gnarly road.

Check out the Buell website for the new 1125R. It's pretty damn gnifty. I like the horizontal rear shock the most.

Now that Buell has an engine that was designed for a sport-bike, instead of having to adapt a cruiser motor, I think they could have a pretty awesome bike on their hands.

Of course, with the U.S. economy nose-diving, I'd guess Buell will be out of business within 5 years. But hey, maybe I can pick up a 1125R on closeout for cheap! (Nah, too much horsepower.)

im well aware of what it is.