MN MX April 13 - which track are you riding???

04/13/08 MIDWAY KELLOGG

04/13/08 STRAIGHT ARROWS GRANTSBURG

Tentatively, weather permitting, I will be @ Grantsburg. As much as I enjoy Kellogg, it is a LONG drive for me.

The long drive there IS bad enough, the VERY LONG drive home is worse. Back in my hey-day of 1980 - 1983, I remember getting home at 10pm...!!!

So Grantsburg, with it's bottomless sand and whoops, is it for me !!! ?

All depends on the weather. If Don's track is dry enough, I'd like to head down there for a few hours to get the bike tested and tuned. I'm not quite ready to race yet (haven't been on the bike since last fall!)

I know I NEED TO RIDE!!!!! I havent been to grantsburg in a few years but I remember it not being very fun. are these races or practices?

Practice on Saturday, race is on Sunday.

Whooped out sand tracks have never been on my "Well, it's kind of an OK track..." but they are a VERY GOOD workout, no doubt about that. You never know, sand may be the niche (you) have been looking for !

my motor is out of the frame and at the shop, figuring out what went kablooey in the bottom end. I know this weekend isn't going to happen, but I'm really hoping to be done before the next weekend.

My motor is out of the frame too! And my motor is in about 200 pieces on my computer desk, and my frame is in a few pieces, subframe on the end of my bed, forks on the side of my bed, swingarm over by my couch... haha

It should be ready by saturday/sunday though, parts get here friday morning...

Taking this weekend off of racing either way, just too far for me to drive!

Next weekend I have drill, won't make that race either!

Then the week after that (April 26/27) I will be at Staples hopefully ready to contend for the win in 250 and 14-24!! Hope to see some of you guys there too!

All depends on the weather. If Don's track is dry enough, I'd like to head down there for a few hours to get the bike tested and tuned. I'm not quite ready to race yet (haven't been on the bike since last fall!)

Count me in as far as riding Don's track (if I'm allowed). I haven't been on my bike since my last fall (I mean fall) either!

Count me in as far as riding Don's track (if I'm allowed). I haven't been on my bike since my last fall (I mean fall) either!

Matt, do you have the "secret member whistle ring of power"...???

Only us members have one.

And, the club initiation can be pretty rough AND humiliating...! ?

I'm hoping the weather holds out:

From noaa.gov website:

Winter Storm Watch

Tonight: Mostly cloudy, with a low around 31. East wind between 3 and 9 mph.

Thursday: Snow likely after 1pm. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 41. Breezy, with a east wind between 13 and 21 mph, with gusts as high as 29 mph. Chance of precipitation is 70%. New snow accumulation of around an inch possible.

Thursday Night: Snow and areas of blowing snow. Low around 31. Blustery, with a east northeast wind around 24 mph, with gusts as high as 33 mph. Chance of precipitation is 90%. New snow accumulation of 4 to 8 inches possible.

Friday: Snow and areas of blowing snow. High near 36. Breezy, with a northeast wind around 22 mph, with gusts as high as 31 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%.

Friday Night: Snow likely and areas of blowing snow. Cloudy, with a low around 28. Blustery, with a north northeast wind between 18 and 22 mph, with gusts as high as 31 mph. Chance of precipitation is 70%.

Saturday: Areas of blowing snow and a chance of snow. Cloudy, with a high near 38. Chance of precipitation is 40%.

Saturday Night: Mostly cloudy, with a low around 24.

Sunday: Mostly sunny, with a high near 46.

Sunday Night: Mostly clear, with a low around 29.

Saturday is going to suck if we get that much snow. Have a 5k walk/run to do...

I'm hoping the weather holds out

My bike is still on the trailer from lasts weeks (non) race for me.

I will wait and see.

Bottom line, I too need practice time to check my suspension, if nothing else.

Maybe it will be a Thumpertalk Ride real soon at Don's, if the opportunity arises...

I'll update you guys on the tracks (Don's track) condition over the upcoming week. It's supposed to be nice out this week so I'll give her hell to get it ready for everybody. Give a call @ 651-248-0084 for track updates.

I'm sure that can be arranged Wes! ?

?

sweet! let me know hopefully i can ride when everyone goes out there! seeing the dr. on the 18th hopefully he'll ok me and i can get my brace. then its on! :confused:

where is this track by anyways?