Honda XR250 2002 Won't Start

After losing 2stone in weight trying to start this bloody xr250r I am on the verge of throwing it off a cliff!!

The thing just won't start. Had problems with it after I jet washed it off. I finally started it the other day after cleaning the carb out. But when its cold it just will not start.....The spark plug spark doesn't look very bright. I just see a very small white kinda spark

Someone HELP ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! PLEASE please

After losing 2stone in weight trying to start this bloody xr250r I am on the verge of throwing it off a cliff!!

The thing just won't start. Had problems with it after I jet washed it off. I finally started it the other day after cleaning the carb out. But when its cold it just will not start.....The spark plug spark doesn't look very bright. I just see a very small white kinda spark

Someone HELP ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! PLEASE please

Do a search on how to start.

Dead cold.

Turn on the gas.

(For an extra help, lay over the bike until it drools gas.)

Full choke.

Turn up the idle 1 turn.

Pull in the comp release, kick it over a few times. Release it.

Grab the front brake with your right hand. (Twisting the throttle = no start.)

Push the kick starter until you feel resistance.

Raise the starter back to the top.

Give a long strong kick.

It should start within a few kicks.

Also, I find my XR400 is twice as easy to start wearing boots vs tennis shoes.

tennis shoes.

Kicking over bikes with trainers is NOT a good idea. When i first got my bike i could never start it and over time managed to shred a hole in my finest pair of nike's. :thumbsup:

Also they are too floppy. You can get a much cleaner action with a pair of boots plus the fact that if you slip your not going to gouge the side of your ankle out! :thumbsup:

Kicking over bikes with trainers is NOT a good idea. When i first got my bike i could never start it and over time managed to shred a hole in my finest pair of nike's. :thumbsup:

Also they are too floppy. You can get a much cleaner action with a pair of boots plus the fact that if you slip your not going to gouge the side of your ankle out! :thumbsup:

Not only do you not damage your feet and ankles. Starting is easier.

The last time I took my bike out for a "test ride", I crashed.

I was glad I had on my helmet, gloves, hiking boots, and street riding jacket.

it wont start whatever i do....

If you are under 40 degree weather try placing a ceramic heater in front of the cylinder head for 10 minutes or so. My 250 will never start if without this in a cold garage no matter what the jetting. Once the cylinder is warm to the touch its a 1 kick affair.

I kick mine about 15 times with the decomp lever on before I give it a good kick with full choke in an attempt to start it. Check to see if the ground wire from the coil (I think it is green, under the tank) is making a good connection or if water is laying around there.