Practice Track Idea....

Since people are talking about track design, I was hoping to get some input on a little practice one I've been kicking around in my head... Some friends of mine who live out in the country on 5 acres have had a small track set up in part of their back yard for the last year, but were considering tearing it down as they haven't maintained it... I just started riding dirt, and I keep my CRF150R at their place. I've tooled around on what's left of their track and it's been fun, but it needs some serious work. His wife wants to either eliminate it, or maybe make it take up less of the property... So I was thinking something like this:

(Sorry about the huge image!)

PracticeTrackLayout.jpg

Basically take 1 strip of the existing track that has whoops on it, plus the turns at either end of that strip, and then augment it with 3 more strips running parallel to each other, with different hill configurations on each of them. Basically, as you exit each turn, you have your choice of 2 strips to use each way...

This would drastically shrink the space required for the track, yet still provide a fun little area to play + practice on...

What do you guys think?

good idea to minimize the required space for a track!! I just think you should have turns both left and right... so oyu wouldnt have to change directions to do left or right turns... But its a great idea!!!

If you build the jumps correctly, you could run the track in either direction so that you can practice turning both directions. I think it's a great idea. You can also set it up in different sequences for when your practicing alone. Something like - turn-outside-turn-outside-turn-inside-turn-inside = 1 lap

Have Fun!

this is what i might be doing for one just as an idea.... sorry for the crappy drawing.... got a step up, double, woops, table, tripple, and possibly a couple kickers/singles...

0408081820a.jpg

Harwood,

Not bad! My only recommendation would be to leave more space between the whoops and the tabletop so you have a way to get at the tabletop with dirt moving equipment for maintenance... Otherwise, nice!

Harwood,

Not bad! My only recommendation would be to leave more space between the whoops and the tabletop so you have a way to get at the tabletop with dirt moving equipment for maintenance... Otherwise, nice!

ha, thanks fo rthe input!! i didnt even think of that!!!

Harwood,

Also so if you lose it in the woops you won't slam into the side of it. :thumbsup: (Remember RC and the boat)

Also so if you lose it in the woops you won't slam into the side of it. :thumbsup: (Remember RC and the boat)

Or if you blow the table you have a landing space between it and the whoops, landing into whoops would suck. I had a buddy do this last year and it didn't end well for him.

Mark