BMW Launches 2009 G 650 Xcountry With Lower Seat Height

Great no more looking for lowering links and custom seats.

Great no more looking for lowering links and custom seats.

There will still be a plethora of folks thinking they need to lower it without ever actually visiting a dealers showroom floor to see how it fits. People who spend more time comparing numbers rather then throwing a leg over whatever it is they are researching make me shake me head. All the numbers in the world are of little relevance when you can actually experience the bike in person. Word is this model will be available in the USA and we'll have an early 09 year starting late this summer/fall time frame.

Bobbby, have they really changed anything, or did they just lower the forks in the triple tree?

ps, love the foam air filter!!!!

There will still be a plethora of folks thinking they need to lower it without ever actually visiting a dealers showroom floor to see how it fits. People who spend more time comparing numbers rather then throwing a leg over whatever it is they are researching make me shake me head. All the numbers in the world are of little relevance when you can actually experience the bike in person. Word is this model will be available in the USA and we'll have an early 09 year starting late this summer/fall time frame.

i definitely agree. anyone over 5'6" with even a modest amount of experience should be able get acclimated and feel comfortable on the (non-lowered seat) bike in a very short period of time. i guess it makes for great motorcycle magazine newsstand debate though. quite candidly, i think the new scooped-out 1200 GS looks ridiculous. i come from a family of BMW owners and we grow more disappointed every day....designs are a bit too flashy, the 650 group of bikes will never carve out a niche, and with several family members waiting for the 450 that was paraded around motorcycle shows 7 months ago...we're told...not this summer...and quite possibly...not street legal. stated differently, buying husqvarna might complete their line....because...their efforts in taking a stab at it...umm....we're really lightweight.

i am done with bmw. my 650 challenge has been an obnoxious bike.

too tall for a 6 footer, the computer spikes when cold, shutting down the engine in some very difficult instances.

going back to japanese bikes in the future.

i am done with bmw. my 650 challenge has been an obnoxious bike.

too tall for a 6 footer, the computer spikes when cold, shutting down the engine in some very difficult instances.

going back to japanese bikes in the future.

I don't want to hi-jack this thread but ***? If it's having problems, take it back to the dealer courtesy of the 3yr warranty. Are you saying it dies when the air temps are cold or when the bike is cold?

Great we will see the 09 650x before the 08 450:bonk:

What do you use a bike like that for? Seems like an expensive commuter bike.

What do you use a bike like that for? Seems like an expensive commuter bike.

Why do people think that the bmw 650 is expensive? seems very reasonably priced compared to bikes that dont have FI and are not street legal.

You can only tell if a bike was expensive or not after having it traded in for a new bike can you?

You can only tell if a bike was expensive or not after having it traded in for a new bike can you?

oh so true, buy it for 7500 + tax and license and trade it back in for a bit less and your good. BMW resale values aren't too bad!

i'm sorry but the yellow just makes me want to gag.

this and the yellow vstrom side by side :thumbsup:

(and this is coming from someone who owns a suzuki!)

. Word is this model will be available in the USA and we'll have an early 09 year starting late this summer/fall time frame.

Xchallenge also this fall?

I don't want to hi-jack this thread but ***? If it's having problems, take it back to the dealer courtesy of the 3yr warranty. Are you saying it dies when the air temps are cold or when the bike is cold?

the dealer has had it for 2 months.........

the dealer has had it for 2 months.........

2 months, :ride: Any other dealers in your area?

It sounds like the ignition switch problem others have been having. Have they looked at that?