Sign in to follow this  

WI - New Sandbox Arena Track this Weekend (ADDED: Videos of new track)

If anyone is going to the Sandbox this weekend, can you post here describing what the new track is like? Maybe post a few pictures? Thanks! :thumbsup:

Are they doing a new track this weekend? I thought they weren't expecting to have a new layout until next week at the earliest?

Oops, I take that back... It's posted on their website...

May have to check it out soon if the weather doesn't break.

Yup. I was out there a month ago or so, and I found the old track a little intimidating for a YFZ450. At least, for a just-turned Vet C rider! Hopefully the jumps will be a little more forgiving for my back!!!

Hey Brian, did you get sick of the atv connection forums?:thumbsup:

I would like to go up to the Sandbox and check out the track one of these coming weekends. Anyone want to meet up there, maybe on the 26th?

Haha, not really getting sick of them, but there's more track riders on here, I'm pretty sure!

What's your username on ATV Connection?

Hey Brian, did you get sick of the atv connection forums?:thumbsup:

I would like to go up to the Sandbox and check out the track one of these coming weekends. Anyone want to meet up there, maybe on the 26th?

Haha, not really getting sick of them, but there's more track riders on here, I'm pretty sure!

What's your username on ATV Connection?

YurFatMom:busted:

Responding to my own thread here. I was at the Sandbox today for 1st session. It was the first Saturday for the new "outdoor-like" track layout. My choice of weapon: The YFZ450. The new track has mostly tabletops, both in the form of traditional, step-ups, and step-ups with a triple option. There are two very small whoops sections that I had no problem gassing through with my YFZ with stock suspension.

The track now better represents its name... it's definitely a sandbox. Much softer mixed dirt and sand is an entirely new surface than the old track. Lap times are probably 20 seconds longer on the new design.

My friend with a KX450F liked this track layout a lot better as well. I can still barely type this message now, so you can rest assured that this track gives you the same arm pump as before.

Links to videos below...

Yup, I was the only quad there. View this video to get an idea of the new layout.

Typical Big Bike Practice

(Videos will take a bit to upload and convert yet ... give it a half hour if they don't come up)

What do you think of the new layout?

Looks good. I hadn't run the old layout, but saw it on a few stops. I'm planning to be there bright and early tomorrow AM though.

One thing I should mention. If anyone has a quad, get to the first session, and get there early. The track was perfect at the beginning, but with all the sand content, the lips wear away on all the jumps FAST! By the end of the day, I was getting tossed left, right, sideways, every which way on them. When finally a few other quads showed up near 2pm, most everyone was just popping over the lips. It didn't look like they were going to maintain the track between sessions.

Still, better riding there than outside on Saturday...

If anyone is going to the Sandbox this weekend, can you post here describing what the new track is like? Maybe post a few pictures? Thanks! :thumbsup:

Shawn (ForceTen) is heading there today!

Shawn (ForceTen) is heading there today!

Actually, wound up staying home. I didn't get enough time to get the trailer out, prepped, etc. so today's the day I'm doing that.

I was feeling rushed, hurried, etc in trying to get things together so I could go. Typically, that's when it turns out to be a bad day for me. Figured I'd be better off playing it safe by finishing things up today, and look to go riding next Sunday (have to work a split shift on Saturday of 1000-1200 and then 1600-2000).

Don't care what the weather is next Sunday. I'm going riding somewhere. :thumbsup:

I was feeling rushed, hurried, etc in trying to get things together so I could go. Typically, that's when it turns out to be a bad day for me.

I think this is VERY SOUND judgement Shawn, as I can attest to this as well. I am sure I have scars somewhere to prove it!

Getting home last night at 10:30pm ended any thoughts of riding today.

Mora is next week (Practice on Saturday!!!!!!).

I ALWAYS enjoyed this track.

You do NOT have to race Sunday for Saturdays practice!!

Unless my schedule gets :thumbsup: 'ed up at work (this IS unavoidable in the very near future) I WILL be at Mora.

And Mora http://www.bermbenders.com/ is viscious close to Forrest Lake...:thumbsup:

Thanks Kevin. But, you must've missed this part:

have to work a split shift on Saturday of 1000-1200 and then 1600-2000

I'd be up for racing Mora if I didn't have to work on Saturday. Hopefully, something will be open for riding on Sunday.

looks awsome. I raced a few times oon the old track. the SX track, and it wasnt for me. Even tho i didnt like it with all the steep jumps i still did it for the seat time over the winter. i wish i could check it out!!!

That's quite a haul for you coming from North Dakota. How long did it take you to get over there?

The Sandbox Arena, is now living up to its name! No longer packed clay or whatever you want to call it. But it now is loamy sand.

I think this new track is going to be awesome, finally now we should be able to hear those full size two strokes actually on the pipe. Even when Pastrana was doing laps, the only place that 2 stroke was really working was through the whoops. But now that should be different! A maybe the Four Strokes will have to use another gear instead of one! But this is all coming from someone who hasnt done one lap on the track, but hopefully soon.

On those muddy crappy days, if my bike is running, i would go to the Sandbox Arena even during the summer months! Going to be Fun!!

Where is this track at? I used to live in Northern Wis. Didn't ride tracks there but I do ride them out west.

Jacck, it's in New Richmond, WI. It's next to Cedar Lake Speedway.

Bringing the kid and a friend there in the am tomorrow and will post up some video and pics tomorrow evening.:thumbsup: