RCannon, fork mod??

Hey Roland, I cant remember if it was you who recommended adding stiffer fork springs, but.. I got some .440 springs, and had a buddy do some work for me. He added a touch of oil, removed the mid valve and installed those new springs.. The front end carries SO much better it is almost a different bike.. By removing the mid valve and adding the stiff springs, the forks ride high in the stroke but stay extremely gentle on abrupt hits without sacrificing bottoming.. With the added oil and springs, they are a stiffer set up but actually feel much softer.. That is until I need em to be stiff, like when you drop the front in the bottom of a whoop?? Still soaks it up :thumbsup:

So, in short.. The fork rides high, but right in the "sweet spot" and performs very well.. Now, Im gonna have to tune to get the shock to compliment the forks.. :thumbsup:

Thats about what it did for me. So far it is damn near the perfect mod. Glad you like it.

I tried 46's, but they were too stiff.

Keep us updated!

Is this mainly for motocross? Do you think this would work for enduro/HS? I have 40's in the front with stock valving (160#) and it works all right. So, I've been thinking that going with a stiffer spring like 42's and softer valving might do the trick. Any ideas?

I liked the 44's everywhere. Fork rode smoother and was more ocmfortable in all conditions. maybe it is my weight, who knows. I think the bike should have came with the 44's. A great mod.

What is the stock rate? .43?

42 or 43 depending where you look. The valving is not so good as far as I believe. I intend to cure that soon! maybe we'll do yours first

Is this mainly for motocross? Do you think this would work for enduro/HS? I have 40's in the front with stock valving (160#) and it works all right. So, I've been thinking that going with a stiffer spring like 42's and softer valving might do the trick. Any ideas?

I might weigh 160 with wet gear and boots full of sand.. :confused: GP and off road are pretty much all I do, and I did exactly what you mentioned.. Stiff springs, soft valving... I like it way mucho :thumbsup:

Stock, according to my 07 manual are .4297, so ... .43 basically.. I put in .440 :thumbsup: