need some pics

can you guys post some pics of your foam air filters when they are ready to be cleaned? this is my first street thumper with a foam filter and im not quite sure how dirty it can get before cleaning. thanks all :thumbsup:

You cant over clean the filter. I clean mine after every dirt ride thats dusty.

Here is a picture of one thats way over due. This is a riding buds bike who isnt that big on taking care of things.

DSCF4446.JPG

dont have a lot of spare time so im just tryin to get a visual idea of when its time to clean the filter so my drz baby stays happy. thanks

Here is a picture of one thats way over due. This is a riding buds bike who isnt that big on taking care of things.

DSCF4446.JPG

:thumbsup:

dont have a lot of spare time so im just tryin to get a visual idea of when its time to clean the filter so my drz baby stays happy. thanks

I have 3 filters so I always have 2 filters ready to go at all times. I keep them in gallon zip lock bags and then just drop them in when the filter needs changing.

or spare money right now, but a good idea :thumbsup: i just need a pic of what the stock element looks like on a street only ridden machine when its nearing cleaning time. thanks

Mine wasn't visibly dirty but I though the bike was running a little rich (soot at exhaust tip) so I tried cleaning it and it ran way better afterwards.

This was mostly street riding ... so unfortunately I don't think you can necessarily see that it needs cleaning, maybe someone can recommend a reasonable service interval for street use.