08 Kx450

ok guys. I got aproved for financing on one of these and before i go through with it. Any issues with the 08's? I hear mixed things about these bikes... So give me everything! haha

resist the temptation to clean your oil screen. besides that enjoy.

Re-oil the filter and ditch the awesome stock chain..

why shouldnt i clean the oil screen?? jw

I love my 07 and have had no major problems. However my buddy bought an 08 and seized it after a couple rides. When he took it to the dealership they said he put the oil filter in backwards. Which was not true. And said he had to pay for it. When he told them that he isnt going to pay and that it was in right they looked again and decided that is was a problem with building oil pressure so kawasaki paid for it. All in all it was a hassle and he had no bike for a week but it has been awesome ever since and he loves it.

why shouldnt i clean the oil screen?? jw

while cleaning the screen it is extremely easy to pull the oil scavenge pump out of alignment. if you look you'll find tons of people who have destroyed the scavenge pump rod by improper reassembly.

o ok. im very very precise when it comes to any engine work. i do all of my own on everything.

Ultra low stiction fork seals = leaks.

Love the bike. Loud as hell too.

Ultra low stiction fork seals = leaks.

Love the bike. Loud as hell too.

Wierd, someone else recently said something about leaky fork seal. I, and two buddies have had no issues with fork seals at all.

Wierd, someone else recently said something about leaky fork seal. I, and two buddies have had no issues with fork seals at all.

Hey Dom, recently talked to Dan Moore, and he told me that our bikes and the Yammi's have something like "low stiction" seals. Not sure if that was his exact terminology, but you get the idea. He did say that they are prone to leaking though. I did attempt to align the front end a little more precisely and have yet to see any additional leakage. Hope that is just the case.

My yz426 has low stiction seals and they weep... just somethin we have to deal with i guess...

resist the temptation to clean your oil screen. besides that enjoy.

Make sure you clean the oil screen!! Just take your time, and be 100% sure it goes back together right. i have done it probably 5 times now with out any problems. Other than that, it is a great bike. I have an 07 with long hard racing hours. The only parts i have replaced are fast wearing items. Like tires, chain, sprockets, sliders, and a few bolts that rattled out here and there. I love this bike!!!

9821362978.jpg

9901214597.jpg

well shit, it sounds like an awsome bike!! I also plan to keep the 426, got it cheap, suspension was setup by pro-action, and has a lot done to it. Plus im not paying anything on it so no point in getting rid of her if its not costing me money. Plus i have plans for her in the future... SUPERMOTO!!! And a 440 lukes Big bore.

Goin in to talk to my dealer again tomorrow!! hopefully find out exactly what my limit is on my Good Times card and order some parts and gear too like a leatts...

Okay guys. Were is this oil screen ya'll keep talking about?

Okay guys. Were is this oil screen ya'll keep talking about?

:thumbsup:

2nd that! :thumbsup:

It is behind the left side engine cover. If you pull off the cover, it will be behind another smaller cover to the back of the flywheel.

:thumbsup:

You're pretty cool!

2nd that! :thumbsup:

You're even cooler!

It is behind the left side engine cover. If you pull off the cover, it will be behind another smaller cover to the back of the flywheel.

Thanks for the straight answer. Some people think everyone has all the time in the world to to investigate every item. The reason for my confusion was that my Suzuki had a strainer that came out the side at the bottom and I didn't know if I was missing one on the Kawasaki.