Yz250f VS Kx250f

I was wondering which one of these 250s is the dominent. I need help in deciding which to purchase. Both are 2007 models. Both are around the same price. I know this is a yamaha thread but i want a truthful answer.

ive heard the kxf's were the most powerful bikes for 07...on many of the reveiws they say that the kx had the biggest low to mid range hit and didnt drop off on the top as much as others.....the bikes were monsters so to speak

Dude, it depends. The yzf is more reliable, has decent power, great suspension, and is ok at turning. The kxf has more power, ok suspension, good handling, and is not as reliable as the yzf. I love both these bikes and I would have the kxf if I didnt have my yzf. They both are good bikes it just comes down to power. I was one of the fastest people at the track the other day and I was beating all types of people on different bikes. The only faster person was a guy on a honda 450f.

I had an 06 yz250f and kx250f. Handlind I loved the kx. But the motor wasnt very reliable. I say go yz. Itll be the best bike in the long run.

The five valve YZF has been more reliable than any other 250F. I like riding more then wrenching, get a YZF

The five valve YZF has been more reliable than any other 250F. I like riding more then wrenching, get a YZF

ditto :thumbsup:

I was wondering which one of these 250s is the dominent. I need help in deciding which to purchase. Both are 2007 models. Both are around the same price. I know this is a yamaha thread but i want a truthful answer.

you know, you get some motors that go boom, and some that don't. I have a friend with a 2004 Honda 250F; he "should" be having valve problems, but he isn't.

I say pick the one that's prettiest to you; I don't think you can make a wrong choice. If the motor really does go kablooey, fix it, sell it, and try another color. I've tried all the 250Fs (but not the 2007, sorry), and I loved them all! You get down to nitpicking, is what it turns out to be.

The Kawi I rode had great bottom and mid, stock! I was impressed with the motor. My Yamaha I had to do stuff to in order to get that power. I thought the suspension on the Kawi wasn't bad, I just had to click the clickers a little bit to more of my liking.

They are both great bikes.

Its a hard toss up. Basicly it comes to longevity or power. The kxf isnt light years faster by any means, but it does produce a slight noticable difference. Just be truthfull to yourself on what you want.

Try to ride them both if you can and see what you think. After all it is your money so it would be nice to know what your getting.

My dad has the 07 kxf and I've got an 06 yzf. Before getting 22 mm offset triple clamps and linkage from Pro Circuit, the kxf couldn't turn to save your life. The stock suspension was kinda springy (he just had it revalved/set for him by PC), and the motor, while decent on the bottom, pulls amazingly hard on the top. He got a White Bros. Carbon system on it and the bottom end is now just as solid as the top.

On the other hand, the yzf's stock handling is good though some new clamps (I like 22mm offset) helped the handling just a bit. I've had my suspension done and set for my weight since I got the bike, so I'm not sure what the stock was like...sorry. The engine is very torquey, but signs off a bit too soon. Decent bottom, strong mid, weak top. I got myself a FmF Megabomb Header/4.1 system and the bottom end was improved significantly. Mid pulls about the same, and top pulls longer now.

In the end, both bikes are great. We've had no issues with either so far, but we do maintain them extremely well. Pick a color basically. Blue or Green? Or in my case White!

-Alec G.

motocross action did a article awhile ago they had pro circuit do a yzf, and basicaly said it would be a sea of blue if they used the yzf, my thing is I raced kx's all along the 90's, loved them since they were a all around good package, i feel that now yamaha is a all around great package with the better reliability and better stock suspension so i have been riding yzf's since 04. i have rode a few other brands and i'm sticking with blue, i'm not brand specific, i ride/race wich is best for me and my wallet.:thumbsup:

My opinions are based on My 08 yz250f and a buddy of mine's 06 kx250f. I'd ask yourself... What do you really want out of the bike. Are they both used or dealer leftovers. If used, go with the one in the best shape. If looks are a big concern, Go Kawi. I say this because, even though I love my Yami, There's def cooler graphics and cosmetic stuff available for the Kx. Yamaha's are pretty bikes but I think they all look the same. If its performance, Both bikes are quite capable. My opinion is the Yz's handle and brake better. Both bikes have plenty of usable power and respond well to aftermarket exhaust with proper jetting. My yz seems like it requires a stricter maintance schedule compared to the kx. Aftermarket parts such as Exhaust, graphics etc... are less expensive and more are available for the Kawi's. I'd own one of each if could. Go with what makes sense to you. Hope this helps.

The engine is very torquey, but signs off a bit too soon. Decent bottom, strong mid, weak top. I got myself a FmF Megabomb Header/4.1 system and the bottom end was improved significantly. Mid pulls about the same, and top pulls longer now.

-Alec G.

Stock suspension of yzf vs. kxf is no comparison....yzf wins hands down. Stock power kxf wins. The yzf needs a pipe and jetting to get the most out of it. The 07 needle is fat in the midrange and lean on top.They changed the needle in 08.

when it comes time to sell your bike, the yzf will sell quicker than the kxf due to the longevity of the motor of the yzf.

when it comes time to sell your bike, the yzf will sell quicker than the kxf due to the longevity of the motor of the yzf.

^^^ Thats good to take that into consideration, most people don't think about that.