Sign in to follow this  

Brake pad question for TC450

I have a 2005 Husqvarna TC450 that I absolutely love. I think that it may be time to replace the brake pads and fluid. I think that with the Florida sand, a couple of hare scramles and an off-road school, the pads might be getting worn. The brakes still feel good though, its more preventative maintenance type thing before they are totally gone, or before they get so bad that they damage the rotor.

What type/brand of brake pads have you had the best results with? The stock Husky ones seemed pretty good, but is there a better choice? Let me know what you have had good luck with brake pad wise. Also is there anything special that I should do with the rotors when I do the pads? The rotors seem to be ok, they are not grooved too much. Thanks. -Todd

I have a 2005 Husqvarna TC450 that I absolutely love. I think that it may be time to replace the brake pads and fluid. I think that with the Florida sand, a couple of hare scramles and an off-road school, the pads might be getting worn. The brakes still feel good though, its more preventative maintenance type thing before they are totally gone, or before they get so bad that they damage the rotor.

What type/brand of brake pads have you had the best results with? The stock Husky ones seemed pretty good, but is there a better choice? Let me know what you have had good luck with brake pad wise. Also is there anything special that I should do with the rotors when I do the pads? The rotors seem to be ok, they are not grooved too much. Thanks. -Todd

Todd, you can look at your brake pads to see if they need replacing while they are on your bike. There is a groove that will be missing if the pads are too low. EBC brake pads come in different compounds depended on your terrain & conditions. There is nothing to do to the rotors but to clean them. Good luck!

This just in from my amigo Luca T at BRAKING Italia.

PS I don't know if this front disc has the magnet mount hole for the TE, those who have interest or the need can look that up. R

"I can suggest the front and rear disks Braking.

Hu04fld, floating, and hu04rid , the wave rear.

With cm 46 front and rear pads."

Luca Trussardi Apr08