XC-W 400 weight?

Can anybody tell me what a 2007 XC-W 400 weighs? And what is a good price for one?

Thanks

234 lbs,I think

Mine weights 248.6 lbs thats without fuel.As far as price goes that depends on alot of variables.New ,used,euro,canadian,usa,avaliability,has it been properly maintained.Price could be anywhere $8000 to $11000.Maybe a little less or more.

There's a nice one on Craigslist right now in the Kansas City MO area. It's low hours and has some nice bling for around $5K.

5k seems like a good price.I was considering 8 to 11 on new from a dealer.:thumbsup:

The 400 is basically a little lighter than a 450. The was thinking around five thousand for a low hour bike, too.

Does the 400 handle more like a 300 or 450? Give me some feedback on your thoughts about using it in HS, Enduros and trail riding!

Thanks

it feels lighter and smoother,with almost the same power as a 450 exc in my opinon

You don't really feel the extra weight when riding, and I think the short stroke has a lot to do with that. The 400 feels just as nimble as my YZ250 in the tight stuff. You will, however, notice that extra weight the first time you lay it down and have to pick it up, or help it up a slick hill!

The 400/450 and 5XX bikes are all within a couple of pounds of each other

All of the major components are the same (all bottom end internals) etc...

The difference will be the bore X Stroke.

The 450 and 5XX bikes (RFS motor) are long stroke and the 400 is a short stroke motor.

It will rev just a smidge faster

I have an 03 250 exc that i have handed down to my boy.The 400 i ride now feels no different than the 250.We ride tight nasty single trails.Somebody earlier in this thead said it...You wont know the difference until your pickin it up a bunch of times.Short stroke makes it easier to ride the tight stuff...more than enough power for this kind of riding.

The 400/450 and 5XX bikes are all within a couple of pounds of each other

All of the major components are the same (all bottom end internals) etc...

The difference will be the bore X Stroke.

The 450 and 5XX bikes (RFS motor) are long stroke and the 400 is a short stroke motor.

It will rev just a smidge faster

450 XC and SX are short stroke motors, too. My 450 handles about as light as a friend's 400 EXC, but has a whole lot more power.

450 XC and SX are short stroke motors, too. My 450 handles about as light as a friend's 400 EXC, but has a whole lot more power.

You're right, I always forget about that darn XC!