oil filter

How often do you need to change the oil filter on a crf 250 because paying $12 on a filter gets expensive after a while

How often do you need to change the oil filter on a crf 250 because paying $12 on a filter gets expensive after a while

About every 2 oil changes. You should look into a stainless steel reusable oil filter from ready racing.I just got one.It will be worth it.

How often are you supposed to change the oil? I hear people changing it on like every ride. Is it really that critical on these bikes? I'll definitely look into getting a reusable oil filter. Thanks for that link. The dealer charges $10 for a filter where i go.

How often are you supposed to change the oil? I hear people changing it on like every ride. Is it really that critical on these bikes? I'll definitely look into getting a reusable oil filter. Thanks for that link. The dealer charges $10 for a filter where i go.

Depending on how you ride, its like 3-4 rides. If you are riding really hard or racing change it every 1-2 rides. Also air filter should be changed every 1-3 rides. I have payed about 12 for a paper one. The stainless are 60 plus a cool black cover and last forever. to clean them just get some parts cleaner spray the whole thing, and spray it from the inside out with an air compressor.

I change my oil every other ride and oil filter every other oil change. Look for hi flo oil filters, they are like $2.75 a piece at my dealer and, personally, I like the paper filters better than the stainless

dont put a new oil filter in every oil change....do it ever 2 oil changes, like me

I change my oil every other ride and oil filter every other oil change. Look for hi flo oil filters, they are like $2.75 a piece at my dealer and, personally, I like the paper filters better than the stainless

I use hi flo filters got like 12 for the price of two honda filters and you can't tell the difference

I use hi flo filters got like 12 for the price of two honda filters and you can't tell the difference

are they paper ones, where did you get them

There paper constructed just like the stock ones Look online I will look I shop around I cant remember which site I got them from I remember and post it later

Use the Hi flo filters, they are $2.66 at the TT store. Part no HF116

You should change the filters out every 10 or so hours. That might work out to 6 or 7 oil changes for me...

You should change the filters out every 10 or so hours. That might work out to 6 or 7 oil changes for me...

guess you dont need to look around somokinscott:thumbsup:

These are the ones I use there a good deal I put em in my 250 and 150 fs

every 3 rides! for the oil and every other oil change for the filter

hi flos arent paper there more a silky mesh (not actual silk) but there not paper and i paid 10 bucks for mine im going to see if theres ne on ebay

i change about everyride.... but i beat the shat outta mine

Cheaper than a new motor cause it sucked crap from a dirty old filter that you were to tight to change....:thumbsup:

I never trusted the steel filters that are reusible. How do you clean all the particles out? I just don't trust that. I have used the Hi-flow brand and now have some K&N's that I got off ebay for about $4.00 each. The Hi-FLow I was getting for $3, and seem to be good quality. Whoever is paying $12 each I have some stuff I want to sell, let me know what you need.