Sign in to follow this  

06 yz 250 shock and fork service

I want to service my shock and fork. What parts do I need for the shock? What oil and how much? On the fork how much oil do I need to do the inner and outer chambers?

Asking which oil to use will get you 10 different answers from 10 different people. I have my own blends but you can use pretty much any of the top brand name oils like Torco, Maxima, Motorex, BelRay etc. Use a light wt. in the shock and depending on use 5-7wt in the forks. Grab 2 qts. for the forks and 1 qt. for the shock and you will have a little left over.

doc

Thanks, any parts that need to be replaced when I do the shock?

inspect the bladder for wear and also the seal head, is the teflon worn off the du bush.

As far as the bladder and seal head go, what am i looking for? I have never done this before and the more I read the more intimidated I get.

if the bladder has anything but a nice smooth finish then consider a replacement, they are cheap, on the seal head like i said just look for the bush to have a nice gray coating, not worn down to the bronze below.

I just looked at enzo site. It has a break down of the shock parts. I imagine that what you refer to as the seal head is actually the seal case? I don't see a part referred to as bladder. What is the correct name?

Can anyone help me? Thanks.

Well I did some more looking and I see a picture of a bladder looking thing that is in the part of the shock where the nitrogen goes. Is this the bladder? I dont see a part number or anything referring to it on the enzo site. Also, I noticed a while back after my bike sat for a long time there was some oil on the shock shaft. I cleaned it and never saw the oil again. Is the shock leaking? If so, what parts do I need to replace? When you guys service your shock is there certain parts that you just replace when your doing it? Thanks. I really need some direction on this.

Well I did some more looking and I see a picture of a bladder looking thing that is in the part of the shock where the nitrogen goes. Is this the bladder? I dont see a part number or anything referring to it on the enzo site. Also, I noticed a while back after my bike sat for a long time there was some oil on the shock shaft. I cleaned it and never saw the oil again. Is the shock leaking? If so, what parts do I need to replace? When you guys service your shock is there certain parts that you just replace when your doing it? Thanks. I really need some direction on this.

Yes it is the bladder.

If you need any of the OEM parts, I would PM Dave J( Since you are both from Cali) he keeps all the oem parts on stock.