YX 140cc VS. Lifan 140cc monster motors

i am thinking about getting a new 140cc motor for my pit bike but can't decide on the YX or the Lifan. let me hear all the pros and cons about both, like power output, reliability, and performance upgrades. by the way it's gotta be the 4 up tranny, it's the only way to go.:thumbsup:

i am thinking about getting a new 140cc motor for my pit bike but can't decide on the YX or the Lifan. let me hear all the pros and cons about both, like power output, reliability, and performance upgrades. by the way it's gotta be the 4 up tranny, it's the only way to go.:thumbsup:

Get the New Lifan 150cc, I have one and It Rips its quicker and definetly more snappier than the Yx 150cc. and you dont need a KLX style Pipe.

Lifan150cc3.jpg

Outer Rotor Ignition (4 way adjustable)

OuterRotorIgn.jpg

Motor features:

150cc, Big Valve head, all up 4-speed Transmission, Internal Oil Filter, and trick removable clutch cover

Good Deal for a Bolt in Budget Stock build (Port the head and Z40 Cam)

where's the cheapest you found it, and was it a complete kit?

where's the cheapest you found it, and was it a complete kit?

Comes with Coil, Wiring harness, CDI Box and Clutch Cable

No Carburetor or Intake needs a 24mm, 26mm will work fine.

YX 140cc and the Lifan 140cc are close to being the same motors both will pull stumps and have great torque

this 150cc is a Ripper..:thumbsup:

which one would you choose for better reliability and upgrades, the YX or the lifan???

which one would you choose for better reliability and upgrades, the YX or the lifan???

Honestly im not a lifan fan......

but this Lifan 150cc could change my mind its in a practice bike X4

Look around with the vendors on this site (Pitster, Staggs and OutLaw) see what they have to offer up

as customer service is 100% with these guys

theres not much in the ways of upgrades other than a 146cc kit, Head porting and a good Cam

the Yx 150cc Motors have Huge potential with the new TB-V2 Head, S25 Cam and a 165cc Bore kit (17.5 HP) Dyno tested at PAX Racing

great, thanks precision50.

does anyone else have anything to add about these two motors???

come on now, there's 40 people viewing this forum, any input would be appreceated.

thanks.

so i decided to go with the yx 140cc motor and it comes with a billet dress up kit, and an inner rotor kit.:thumbsup: who else has this motor? and how do you like it?

thanks.

who did you get the motor from? you will be very pleased! these are proven motors!

i got the motor from tbolt today, and i'm trying to figure the wiring out. can someone please show me a good wiring diagram?

thanks.

i got the motor from tbolt today, and i'm trying to figure the wiring out. can someone please show me a good wiring diagram?

thanks.

Whats it going into..?

didn't you get a wirering harness? they are suppost to come with one

ok i got it all wired up correctly and all igot to say is wow, this motor rips so hard and has so much torque. the inner rotor makes a big difference. i am glad i bought this motor.

i was also wondering if the yx 140cc motors have a 420 or 428 chain size front sproket from the supplier?

thanks.