clutch problems

i have a 1995 rm 125. when ever i pull in the clutch with it in gear when not running it dosen't disengage the clutch from the transmission. and when running when i shift into first it jumps and stalls. now i adjusted the cable right and everything. but i took it apart and the plates don't look to bad but the basket and inner hub have very deep grooves in it. is this what is causing my problem and do i just need to replace the clutch plates and springs along with a new basket and inner hub and it will not does this anymore?

If the grooves are really deep the plates will hang on them, causing the clutch to not engage/disengage properly. You could try filing the grooves down, but if they're really bad you should probably replace the parts.

ya there pretty deep. so ya when running they just lock into the grooves, so im just going to buy a new wiseco basket. does anyone know where i can find a inner hub?

Try ebay.

hi there

i have a rm125 and i was wondering if anyone have ever had the clutch basket edges reinforced. i am going to try and put steel edges on the basket to stop it from wearing out to fast and also to solve the prob of making bigger gaps between the basket and the plates every time i file them down ( as this causes the plates to strike the basket harder due to the bigger gaps)

if anyone has done this please tell me how it worked(or did not work)

thanks

It is most likely not a basket. You can look at easy enough. I think it is the lever that the cable attaches to at the case. It is junky metal and it developes an indent where it pushes on the rod that runns through the trans. A SMALL indent, and that is all it takes. It is ????? $15.oo and will cure the bike creeping blues.:thumbsup: Rock on

thats what i thought it was but you should see how deep these groves are

It is most likely not a basket. You can look at easy enough. I think it is the lever that the cable attaches to at the case. It is junky metal and it developes an indent where it pushes on the rod that runns through the trans. A SMALL indent, and that is all it takes. It is ????? $15.oo and will cure the bike creeping blues.:thumbsup: Rock on

The '95 model doesn't have that rod; the arm attaches to a pinion and an accompanying rack activates the pressure plate. There's nothing for the arm to hit to create an indentation.

Does the clutch seem to have the normal resistance or does it move freely, almost like the clutch cable is broken?

no its feels fine its the basket and inner hub

The '95 model doesn't have that rod; the arm attaches to a pinion and an accompanying rack activates the pressure plate. There's nothing for the arm to hit to create an indentation.

oops. I quit riding for 22 years.......skipped that whole 90s thing on bikes.

i have one more question. do new baskets come with the hears or do i have to take it off the stock one? also if i have to take it off how do i do that

Assuming you mean the drive gear on the bottom of the basket, new baskets come with it installed.

i got all the parts and the new basket didn't come with a new gear. i have one more question. i have the tusk clutch plates and it came with two plates that are thicker with thinner knuckles than the rest of the plates. are these 2 for the front and back?