"Man Skirt '08

This is a thread you do not want to be part of...

But it happens :thumbsup:

College tuition for my oldest ($30,000 / Freshman year at Mizzou)

Keeping my dad comfortable in his house at 85

(As opposed to a nursing home @ $XXXX.XX @ Month):thumbsup:

Family 1st....?!!

man thats hard. guess the "kid" needs to get a job and work! of course take out a loan, so "dad" only has to pay half. i mean how much are keggers and party pads cost these days/??

Unless something changes in the next 6 years, my kids will be paying there own way to college, just like i had to do to get through, work 40 plus hours a week, go to school and well of course party my arse off.

This is a thread you do not want to be part of...

But it happens :ride:

College tuition for my oldest ($30,000 / Freshman year at Mizzou)

Keeping my dad comfortable in his house at 85

(As opposed to a nursing home @ $XXXX.XX @ Month):ride:

Family 1st....?!!

Dude,

I'm feeling your pain.

Taking the 17 y/o daughter to Marquette for a visit on the 19th.

Thankfully, she's only a Junior in HS now. (gives me another year)

Problem is, her 13 y/o sis will already be a HS Freshman next year, so I'll be paying for two at a time.:D

Doesn't look like I need to worry about which 450 wins the mag shootout for a few years....:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :confused:

Were paying for 1/2 and she's borrowing the rest.

My wife wanted her to borrow her 1/2 from us :confused:

I would never see a penny of it!

She works, but like my wife there is always something wrong with the job(s)

"There too pushy about when you have to be there"

"You can't get phone calls"

"The manager is creepy"

"You have to memorize all this stuff"

"The place smells funny, it gets on my clothes"

"They wont let me park next to the building

so I have to walk past Rapist's every night"

:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

oh my school and then the real world school of hard knocks.

my my.

When I was in school my Mom covered the books and I had to cover the rest. I worked a full time 40 hour job managing a car stereo shop, worked part time 25 hours a week at Domino's Pizza and had 18 credit hours of school. I have a 9 yr old and a 6 yr old and I'm not looking forward to the days ahead.

I know Wardy, What they think is a Hard knock is pretty sad.

My Parents lived through the Depression, talk about extremes.

I Rode my Bicycle to Mcdonalds and worked for $ 3.35 @ hr until I had enough

For a 1980 RM125, @ $1,000 From Midwest suzuki on RT 12.

Kids now days have the Scooters handed to them !

(Including Mine)

i worked full time and school full time. drank polenty. lived at home though, was laid off for 3 months, that was hell though, no money and bored out of my mind.

yep i hear ya mine were a little younger but same kind of deal, as my mom lived in Germany from 1934-1957 so during the war it was a real deal.

yep i hear ya mine were a little younger but same kind of deal, as my mom lived in Germany from 1934-1957 so during the war it was a real deal.

Interesting history. My family (other than me, I was still 10 years off) passed through Ellis Island in 1949.

In fact, both my brother and sister were born in Germany (1944-47) during the long haul out of Eastern Europe.

Talk about having nothing...might have been worse off than being in the Great Depression.

I can't even imagine trying to strike out on your own in a foreign country with only the shirt on your back, and the promise of a menial job.

When I was in school my Mom covered the books and I had to cover the rest. I worked a full time 40 hour job managing a car stereo shop, worked part time 25 hours a week at Domino's Pizza and had 18 credit hours of school. I have a 9 yr old and a 6 yr old and I'm not looking forward to the days ahead.

lol, i also worked 40 hours a week, installing @ a car stereo shop. Small world, where did you go to school?

lol, i also worked 40 hours a week, installing @ a car stereo shop. Small world, where did you go to school?

Danville at DACC

I must of started late or something. My oldest is 10. I turn 40 this year. I don't want to even think what college is going to cost when my kids get to that age. Also, thd- do you live near Dyingville I mean Danville?

I must of started late or something. My oldest is 10. I turn 40 this year. I don't want to even think what college is going to cost when my kids get to that age. Also, thd- do you live near Dyingville I mean Danville?

Bloomington now...Based on BKKlett, is this Brian ?