Exhaust needed for TTR250

Hi mates, I've the opportunity to buy an 07' WR450F exhaust and the point is, I have to adapt it to the TTR frame but the most important thing.........Is it appropied for a 250 engine like the TTR? please guys, help here, I want to buy it tomorrow if it is OK with your advices

escapekf4.jpg

Cheers:ride:

Hi mates, I've the opportunity to buy an 07' WR450F exhaust and the point is, I have to adapt it to the TTR frame but the most important thing.........Is it appropied for a 250 engine like the TTR? please guys, help here, I want to buy it tomorrow if it is OK with your advices

escapekf4.jpg

Cheers:ride:

dont waste your time or money..its meant for a liquid cooled high strung 450..the ttr is a mellow slow reving engine....not to mention the wr stock pipe is chocked up as is!

Ok then, the good thing with that exhaust was its price, I have other option, a 02' WR250F exhaust, the same engine size but different performance. Is it a good option for my TTR or not? the price is US$150.

NO! its for a totally different bike...either mod the stock pipe or save until you can get a pro curcuit t-4 pipe....there is the wrong way to do something and there is the right way....i think you know which one your trying to do and which one you should do:naughty:

The ironic thing is the stock WR 450f pipe with the PMB performance insert is still more choked up than the TT-R 250 exhaust with the baffle removed

The only restriction the TT-R pipe is the spark arrestor. The WR pipe has a plate with a big tube, then a plate with two smaller unequal length tubes, the spark arrestor, and then the baffle. It works OK with a high volume high compression bigbore, but its going to KILL whatever power that TT-R makes.

One advantage the WR's muffler has is that its really light compared to the stock TT-R exhaust. If you have some welding/fabricating skills, you could:

1. Gut the internals of the WR pipe.

2. Weld a correct length perforated core to the inside of the midpipe

3. Fab up a spark arrestor using stainless wire mesh

4. Fab up an end tip that matches the inside diameter of the end cone.

This way you have the performance of an open pipe at significantly less $cost$. How does the WR pipe fit on the TT-R? Do you need to weld up new mounting brackets?

Thanks Jsanfilippo, that's to much work for me:excuseme: , and that second hand exhaust costs $US 220 here, so, I have other option... a XR 250 replica, at $US 60. I think that'll be worth it to me, cheap and louder than that stock piece of crap.