2004 DRZ-400 HID headlight

that is probably one of the sexiest things I have ever seen! was it a hard install?

That is awesome lighting! Doesn't seem to bad for $71 to the door. I can't stand the light on my bike.

It certainly is the right price. I wrote to them to see if they have one of the type with a moving reflector to simulate Hi/Low beam.

I installed a HID unit into a Acirbs Cyclops, The advantage to the Cyclops is the dim can be left on constantly so there's no warm up time when you flick between heads and dims. The units are only 35 watts each so you can wave heads and dims on together . But what a difference between stock and HID .

I got mine on eBay as well cant remember what they cost .

Was that high and low beam you were showing?

I see the high is great but how is the low when you are following or passing someone?

Makes you wonder why Suzuki doesn't just do this from the factory.

i was showing the low and high beam...the low beam it the brightest because its hid...the high beam has a stock look...this is the best mod that I have done so far..the hid looks great and is a lot brighter that stock...the install was super easy..just take the three screws out from the headlight shroud (spelling or working??)..take the 2 bolts off for the headlight and just unplug the stock bulb, remove it and replace it with the hid...everything is plug and play...i just mounted the ballist between the headlight shroud and gauge cluster.

I'm not understanding this...The HID light you have has a Low and High Beam? So it has some kind of a movable reflector to simulate the low and high beam? Or is it something else?

how could anything that bright be so cheap???

im with dave i guess im missing something

the hid kit is it dual element

1=hid

2nd=halogen

how does it wire up does the oem socket plug into the hid controller then the controller has an output socket that plugs into the hid bulb?

so when the bikes head light switch is on low it sends a siganl to turn on element 1 which =hid the when head light switch is turned to high beam the control turns on element 2 which =halogen ?

I'm not understanding this...The HID light you have has a Low and High Beam? So it has some kind of a movable reflector to simulate the low and high beam? Or is it something else?

I think Gereen50 explained it best you need two HIDs a high beam and a low for best results were they hard to install. I herd the ballasts are heavy :thumbsup:

What is a movable reflector ?

Yeah, I'm confused on the semantics?

The lighting looks great though!!!

Actually the dual Hi Low is controlled by the ballast, You can get a H4 Hi/Low in one package and your good to go. Wires up to the same factory plug and switch, best of all it a slim ballast. Soon to be getting one to play with.

There was a kit that the HID simulated Hi/Lo with some kind of movable reflector that moved to adjust the HID beam when you selected between HI/LO (Since HID itself is just a single arc). The way it sounds is like this thing might be producing the HI/LO effect via the ballast like the other poster wrote?

it has an hid bulb and a regular bulb..the bulbs are next to eachother in the same housing

check out the ebay auction ...the bulb #9004-2 has the best pictures...the hid would be the longer bulb (low beam) and the smaller bulb is not hid (high beam)

how do these things hold up under extreme vibration? Like off road use.

HID itself is less succeptible to vibration

but I'm wondering how these low price ones will

standup myself (to hard off-road use)...I'm leaning

toward buying one and trying it...I have a PIAA 80/80

Superwhite in now but I wouldn't mind something brighter.

So do I need to stipulate H4 bulb and what color temp.

should I select? 4300K? What about 6000K?