Handlebar Vibrations fix?

I was going down a field by my house on Sunday and the vibrations were so bad that while I was in 3rd gear, the anchor for my lever guards vibrated itself out of the end of my bars and onto the field, now lost somewhere 1/2 covered in dead corn stalks. Does anyone know of a good method to reduce vibrations?

I was going down a field by my house on Sunday and the vibrations were so bad that while I was in 3rd gear, the anchor for my lever guards vibrated itself out of the end of my bars and onto the field, now lost somewhere 1/2 covered in dead corn stalks. Does anyone know of a good method to reduce vibrations?

i used 2 items on my SH500 that worked very well, sunlines AVone bars and applieds polyethylene mount cones(replace stock rubber bushings) the bars are as tough as any renthals i've used (laid it down a few times already) these have reduced vibrations to below what my yz 450 has:thumbsup:

Thanks! Ill give those a try, anyone else have other techniques?

Thanks! Ill give those a try, anyone else have other techniques?

I've heard of some that pump the bar full of silicone calk. No personal experience with that though.

JayC

I heard of a few thing over the years.....

BB's in handlebars (doubt if that works and would add quite a bit of weight!)

Spray expanding insallation in them or right when the aluminum frames came out on the 2 strokes, I read you can take steering stem out and there was a hollow hole at frame where you could fill with isallation also, think I read that in MX action.

Can't recall if anyone tried it on TT or not.

Simple $10 bar end weights may help.

one source of vibrations on the aluminum cr's is often overlooked.

make sure all of your motor mounts are in fact tight. a loose mount will rattle your fillings out. i will second filling the frame spars up with expanding insulation foam. you can also snake some rubber tubing through the handlebars to help dampen the zing. also make sure the rubber mounts on your bike are in good shape(if you have them). if you have solid mount bars, invest in a upper triple clamp with rubber mounts. all of the current upper clamps will fit cr's all the way back to 1997 when they went to the 47mm showa twin chamber forks, and im almost certain that all of the cr's and crf's are running the same 24mm offset.

I've always had great results with filling the handlebars with expandable foam. On my cr500 I filled up both the upper down tube, and the lower down tube with foam with excellent results. But like kuritaro said, make sure all your engine mounts are tight and torqued right. Also something to consider, is your bottom end in good shape and/or topend ready to go? If they are sloppy this will cause exessive vibration also.