Brake Rotors

Just realized my brake rotors are way past their service limit and I want to buy some new ones. Wondering where you guys get your rotors/pads from? Ebay's rotors were starting around $70 each...sheesh. Going to call the dealer and see what they get for them. Hopefully they are buy one get one free. :thumbsup: My bike is a 2000 rm250.

I got new EBC rotors from shop.thumpertalk.com a while back. They had the best prices I could find and free shipping.

My rotors on my 04 RM250 are worn really badly and unevenly. They cost $170 where i've looked!!! My front rotor is floating. And I think its floating more than it should does this mean should replace it?

Hope this don't take over your thread, its just not worth starting a new one. cheers

Michael I can get your rotor for cheaper than $170.00, how about $130.00 with pads? The rear I got for my '05 was exactly the same as stock but note the front is listed as 'solid' which I take just means it is not a floating rotor rather than a disc without holes.

Obviously our NZ dollar does not compare with the US dollar.

Michael I can get your rotor for cheaper than $170.00, how about $130.00 with pads? The rear I got for my '05 was exactly the same as stock but note the front is listed as 'solid' which I take just means it is not a floating rotor rather than a disc without holes.

Obviously our NZ dollar does not compare with the US dollar.

DanerooO that would be sweet. Where is this place you speak of :thumbsup:

You can get tusk brake discs from rockymountainatv.com for $60.

Just an FYI check this place out www.pitposse.com they got rotors for your bike i already checked for outlaw racing rotors they run $58.95 each or $118.95 for front and rear they also got ebc and others hope this helps.:thumbsup:

I get them from one of my suppliers. They are made by Metal Gear and I have one on my KTM and one on my RM, they are exact copies of the stock rotors and are holding up very well. Note like I said the front maybe different? But I should imagine it will work ok. The pads are apparantly not as good as some on the market (so the rep says) but they come free with the rotor and mine seem to be fine and will be replaced when they wear out like any pad.

I'm ordering some stuff from them on Monday so let me know if you want me to get some disc's for you. I will hold of ordering my parts until midday. I'm in Auckland and my number is 09 832 0153. I can courier to you if you are out of Auckland.

I get them from one of my suppliers. They are made by Metal Gear and I have one on my KTM and one on my RM, they are exact copies of the stock rotors and are holding up very well. Note like I said the front maybe different? But I should imagine it will work ok. The pads are apparantly not as good as some on the market (so the rep says) but they come free with the rotor and mine seem to be fine and will be replaced when they wear out like any pad.

I'm ordering some stuff from them on Monday so let me know if you want me to get some disc's for you. I will hold of ordering my parts until midday. I'm in Auckland and my number is 09 832 0153. I can courier to you if you are out of Auckland.

Not so much money in the bank at the moment after ordering new top end kit and hour meter. So i'm waiting for next pay day. Thanks a lot for help though will PM you when money is ready in bank.

I'm also just checking out what joedirtaay sent me above, looks like a good deal, just finding out if they ship internationally, and how good the products are.

Will PM you if something happens, cheers mate :thumbsup:

I replaced my brake fluid today, the old fluid was really old and now the front and rear levers are less spongy, still waiting for some more cash before I get the new front rotor.

rockymountainatvmc.com

I bought both rotors there for my 06 rm250. Tusk brand, but they work GREAT! The front is not a floater, but you can't notice any difference.

Micheal N......I'm also just checking out what joedirtaay sent me above, looks like a good deal, just finding out if they ship internationally, and how good the products are.

I myself have used there products on both my rm250's 2000 and 2002 and have been happy with there products. Pitposse has there own brand called (outlaw racing) they carry abunch of useful stuff and some cool bling for your bike as well as other brand name products like any other online shop. On the otherhand ive never used there brake rotors.