Sign in to follow this  

Help: Yoshi RS-2 end cap removal

my question is how???3250.jpg

its the black ring on the end...

i've undone the bolt and tried to lever it out but its really difficult to get it to come out, any suggestions?

thanks, Thomas

my question is how???3250.jpg

its the black ring on the end...

i've undone the bolt and tried to lever it out but its really difficult to get it to come out, any suggestions?

thanks, Thomas

So you undid the retaining bolt for the insert?

Usually they have a small amount of sealant on them to keep them in and the flow going in the right direction. I wouldnt lever too much, you might damage the can. Tried twisting it first??

Hmmm, as far as i know it should come out.

if it gets really bad, either buy or rig yourself something like this...

(internal puller)

internal%20puller.jpg

Yes, there is some sealant on the end that you cannot see. Go with headster's twisting suggestion. Mine came out quite easily.

i had some difficultly getting mine out, but if you use a flat screwdriver and VERY CAREFULLY wedge it under the black ring and sorta of twist it gently it will come up, do this on different spots of the ring and youll be able to grab it with your hands

I had to use a pair needle nose visegrips and clamp it on the inside of corks retaining nut. Gave a yank and it popped out. Some of the silicone peeled off with it. It looked like they didnt let it dry before putting the cork in so I peeled it all off since I don't use the cork.

My pipe came with a T handle hook thing for unhooking the springs. I just used the T handle hook to hook on to the mounting screw hole on the inside of the insert/spark arrestor and pulled it out... no problem

I just pulled the insert out the other day. I used a long screwdriver and wedged it in there. Apply pressure and it will slowly seperate from the exhaust. Carefully slide another small screwdriver between the black ring and exhaust, this will help break the seal.