Sign in to follow this  

WR250F 2004 or Newer... Big differences?

Hi,

I'm thinking about buying a 04 WR250F. It only has 200 miles on it but the guy wants 4k for it. I'm wondering should I get this like new 04 or a used 07. What's your opinion? Is there a big difference besides alum frame?

Thanks! :thumbsup: Joe

the 07 handling is much better, but everything else very simler but as for the 04 with200 miles ,id find that hard 2 believe, my 07 did 1200km in the first 3 months of me getting it. if it were me id get an 07, theyre a great bike:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Hell no! Bad deal!

I sold my WR250F '06 for $4,500 AUD! Mine had 2,800km on the clock but was in otherwise decent condition.

I ride an 04 and love it but hear the aluminum frames handle much better.

Seems pricy to me but I don’t live in Ca. I paid $4k for my 06 in October. It had 75 miles, was completely stock and had absolutely no scratches.

Hell no! Bad deal!

I sold my WR250F '06 for $4,500 AUD! Mine had 2,800km on the clock but was in otherwise decent condition.

You sold yours way too cheap.

You sold yours way too cheap.

Sure did. But that's how the market is right now, seemingly. Had it for sale for 5 months. I only had 1 serious offer that whole time, who ended up taking it after I'd dropped it so low.

My take on it:

The economy isn't the best right now and I was trying to sell it over the Christmas period when people were spending money on other things. It's a 250 - not a 450 that everyone seems to want. It was a '06 model. Everyone's got to have those pretty aluminum frames that come with the '07 models.

In the end, I don't mind too much. Paid off most my loan and learnt a good lesson: Never buy anything new (except maybe a house). Especially things that have wheels. Never buy toys with loans. Always pay cash. Never take a loan out for anything buy investments/property (this includes using a credit card).

Hi,

I'm thinking about buying a 04 WR250F. It only has 200 miles on it but the guy wants 4k for it. I'm wondering should I get this like new 04 or a used 07. What's your opinion? Is there a big difference besides alum frame?

Thanks! :thumbsup: Joe

That price is really steep, If you are patient you can pick up an 04 for less than 3000 us dollars. I have even seen one go for 2500.

i believe the odometer on the 2004's isn't digital, once it hits 999 it rolls over doesn't it? Just soomething to think about. I may be selling my 2007 wr250f if you're interested PM me.

About 2 months ago I paid $2500 for my mint 04. It had 233 miles on it when I got it and looked like it had never even been dirty. I feel like I got the bike for a steal though, and I think it was worth closer to $3000.

I wouldn't pay $4K for an 04 when $4,500-5,000 would get me an 07 or an 08.

Don't buy the 2004 at any price -- it is a red sticker bike. That means you can't ride it year round. Also, that price is crazy, even for California. I bought a 2006 a few months ago on the original tires in near showroom condition for $3200.

2006 and newer WR250's are green sticker.

This is my 04 I got it for $2900, it had 600 and some change on it, since getting it I have YZF'ed it looks wise, this bike had the Hotcam exhaust cam and powernow already installed at that price..

P4100958copy.jpg

i paid 2600.00 for my 04 wr with 300 miles in dec 06. then i pick up an alum framed o6 250f with an blown motor and put the wr motor in it.you can do better keep looking