Ufo Plastics. Good Quality Or Not?

and changes colour within the first half hour. my friend has a headplate and shrouds that are polisport. not only are they way different than the oem colour blue, they are way different from each other!

I'm not crazy about UFO. The edges on their plastic, especially fenders is always sharp which you will notice if you ever have to pick your bike up at the rear fender. Color match can be a little off as well. On one of my Kawi's, I replaced a rear fender with UFO & color was a little off. Also, on a ktm color was a little off. I think acerbis is the way to go. They make plastic for most of the O.E.'s. Just my .02

I never liked the looks of UFO myself. They look cheap to me. I have not used it, so I don't have "use" experience on the stuff, could never get myself to buy it. I did get a set of acerbis for my 450 and everything fit perfect and looked like the oem stuff. Very happy with that stuff.

Remeber, it is plastic that is meant to bend and twist, so it will scratch easily. The black is going to show every little scratch and will most likely look like crap quickly, especialy if you use it.

UFO plastics are the best. They are really thick, and bend rather then crack. They also are indentical to stock. I have had acerbis and they crack easily.

this is another never ending debate...ive tried all brands, now I run CYCRA, they have a bunch of new tricked out plastice option this year.

1. OEM

2. UFO

3. Acerbis

(No experience with Cycra yet)

I had Acerbis side panels that wouldn't fit without really prying around on the airbox, and once in place, they made the airbox stick out funny, and had a large gap at the seam.

UFO stuff fits great and seems to be durable enough. I have seen UFO plastic with a small, random light spot here or there, but no big deal.

OEM is definitely the best, but is pricey.

Check out my 250 in my "Garage". Those are UFO plastics (the rear fender and front number plate are OEM), with TJ graphics. It came out pretty nice.

• 4 months later...