Sign in to follow this  

pitster pro x4 ordered. what do i need?

hey guys, just ordered an x4 from outlawpowersports and he hooked me up with a GREAT DEAL! anyway, it will be shipping directly from pitster to me because apparently all the dealers are out. anyway, anything i should be getting now to install when i get it? i live in oklahoma, so i didn't know if the jetting or anything will need to be modified. anyway, all tips are appreciated.

The only absolute essential is a rear rim lock. According to Nate at Outlaw the Pitsters and OGM's were going to start coming with them. I don't know when that was going to happen, so if yours has it, great. If not that would be the first thing I would buy.

Other than that, setup and breakin and ride. Buy some motor oil and some loctite.

I dont have any problems without a rimlock. I also have the crappy stock tires on my X4 so not much grip anyways. Make sure you air the tires up to about 20-25psi or you might rip out the valve stem. Also get some jets, they come pretty lean from the factory.

I dont have any problems without a rimlock. I also have the crappy stock tires on my X4 so not much grip anyways. Make sure you air the tires up to about 20-25psi or you might rip out the valve stem. Also get some jets, they come pretty lean from the factory.

ha ha im 180 and i run around 5-10 psi with no tire slipping and no rim lock... 20-25 seems overkill

Magnetic drain plug - you wont believe what they catch.

+1000 on that one... i just put mine in so we will see what she grabs..

Once you get the bike in your hands you may want some personal preference items such as:

1. bars

2. seat

3. grips

I would also highly reccomend a good bike stand, it's one investment you can't go wrong with.

5 gallon bucket... no more then 1.99 at home depot

but im a material guy and got an expensive one

If you run low pressure in the rear tire and You haven't spun a tube yet, you're just lucky. You will if you ride hard. The stock rear tires have pretty good traction.

get a new chain while your at it. stock one won't last long. uni air filter or two and what what was already said in the above posts.