mounting front sand tires

the rib down the center of the tire is diffrent on each side of the rib. one side is sharp and square where it meets the face of the tire. the other side tappers down and is kinda round where it meets the face. (like a ski jump) im sure they can be mounted either way but im pretty sure each way has diffrent benifits. just don't know which way is what.

the rib down the center of the tire is diffrent on each side of the rib. one side is sharp and squar where it meets the face of the tire. the other side tappers down and is kinda round where it meets the face. (like a ski jump) im sure they can be mounted either way but im pretty sure each way has diffrent benifits. just don't know which way is what.

I believe the rib that is tappered goes on the outside. For example, when you are turning left, the front right tire with the tappered rib on the outside would be sliding at bit more through the sand. This would prevent the bike from wanting to get too much grip on that side and become top heavy. The left side would be gripping more on the inside of the tire thereby proving a more stable grip.

Anyone have an alternate theory?

These are ATV tires, right? The square edge goes on the outside.

i thought that one way helped straight line at high speeds and one helped turn better. at least i thought i heard that a while back.

atv. kenda dune runners.

I would imagine sharp square edge out for better cornering and angled side out for high speed tracking.