Value of used bike?

What's my 05 TC450 in clean stock condition worth? Just looking for a guage in a trade deal I am working. Thanks

It's not worth nearly as much as you think, or would like to get out of it. sucks.

What's my 05 TC450 in clean stock condition worth? Just looking for a guage in a trade deal I am working. Thanks

Want to consider a private sale? I have been scratching around looking for a good track bike to compliment my TE510 which isn't ideal for MX use and an '05 TC450 may be just the ticket.

According to the classifieds. $ 2500 to $ 3500 if you sell yourself. Subtract $1,000 if you trade it.

depreciation sucks.

Around here (WA) street legal dirtbikes go for more than offroad-only models...

I'm not looking at a dealer trade in. I've had the bike for sale at $3200 for a few months and it just won't sell. $3k is my bottom. What I am looking at doing is a trade for a high end mountain bike. I have a Trek EX8 and a Ibex Atlas Expert and wanted to get into a top of the line used bike from a guy I met.

I have found that KBB just plain suxs on used bike values. You can never get anything close to that on the bike and dealers chuckle at "wholesale" price and offer 20% less than that.

So that's why I was talking about a trade. Kinda like a high end swap meet deal. But I just can't let myself "sell" it for anything less than $3k. I'd just as well keep it at that point. Makes a great back up bike for buddies or visiting friends.

The used bike market is really strange. It seems after a certain point, they all go for about $1500 to $2000 despite the age.

David

The used bike market is really strange. It seems after a certain point, they all go for about $1500 to $2000 despite the age.

David

Isn't that weird. I noticed the same thing. It just bottoms out there right around 2k

And unfortunately, high-end mountain bikes depreciate even faster. I've had many and have never been able get much more than about $2,000 even though the bikes were worth $5,000 to $7,000 when new.

$3,000 for a used mountain bike, even one that may have been worth +$5,000 a couple of years ago sounds very high. What kind of mountain bike are you looking at?

Mojo's, SC's, Turner's, Intense etc.... No junk bikes. I'd really like to fina a Carbon Mojo.

My east coast dealer is sitting on a 05 TC450, about 6-8 hours of back yard riding, its not even really broken in. He has had it at $3600, I'd say 3k for a dealer on a near new bike with financing available is about right. Its been there for a loooong time (+1 year at least). Your TC, maybe 2200-2400 if cared for and needs little/nothing AND you find a buyer, good luck! It does suck, but Huskys, especially TCs seem to really suffer.

The current NADA Guide values for an '05 TC450 are: $2,945, low retail/$3,870, high retail.

2005 510 street legal,sold at our Kawasaki dealer for $4995 ,2000 miles on it very good condition 2 people were trying to buy it at the same time!street legal off road is very popular around central ny no place to ride ,so we go from private land to private land on back roads (truck legal trails) in state land, to our local mx tracks and back home , no trucks needed, still getting over 35mpgs doing it! we seem to go through some back tires but oh well?

Jeff - I have a potential MTB trade for your consideration. New in Box 2008. Was going to go to Stephen Wilde - Sr Photographer at MT Bike magazine, Bike Magazine - could go to you instead...

PM sent.